“Lovely ambience, really good food”
Review of Bazar

Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: De Pijp
Reviewed 14 June 2013

The entrance to this restaurant is synonymous to entering an ancient bazaar in Arabia. Wonderfully ambience, service is also good. The food is also good. A lovely place to go out for dinner with friends.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

I visitied this cool restaurant after my mother and father ate here with my brother and his fiancee just a week or two in advance. My family were so happy with the food, and by brother and his gir recommended we gave it a shot.

The restaurant is awesome. Cool and hip, and just a tad bit more noisy than I like. We ordered four different vegetarian dishes. I had the "Gh’ti Koekoe" and to sum it up: Mushroom (about a fifth of a whole mushroom): dry. Falafels: dry. Grilled tomato: missing. Koekoes: dry. Onion compote: ok, but clearly from a can or tin. There was also a nasty artichoke - clearly straight out of a can or tin. It tasted of that discusting water it's been laying in. To sum up the food in even shorter terms: All the food was cold. Most of the food was dry. And none of it seemed to be seasoned what so ever. So - disappointing!
I give the restaurant 1 star for being cool, and one for actually offering vegetarian dishes, but that's it...

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Since moving to Holland I have discovered this place, and I love taking my visiting friends to this place, the waiters/waitresses are super friendly and SPEAK ENGLISH,, there is both English and Dutch menu's on most of the tables. The food is FANTASTIC, atomsphere is really cool the food is DELICOUS. Service is fast, The restrooms are well marked and very clean, the food is priced super reasonable and I will say it again the food is DELICOUS. After a nice filling lunch, you can walk right outside and wander around the Albert Cuypt market.. it is in a fantastic location...

Reviewed 7 June 2013

I live in Holland and this place is a perfect place to take English speaking visitors, they have both menus on the table in English and a Dutch, the waiter/waitress are extremelly friendly and, service is FANTASTIC,, the food is just DELICIOUS,, the atomsphere is terrific,, the restrooms are well marked and VERY CLEAN...If you are looking for exotic atomsphere and great food,, this is the place to go in Amsterdam,. if U go for lunch,, after lunch you can walk it off browsing down the Alberet Cuypt street market :-)

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Admittedly, we only went in to Bazaar after realising nothing else was open (on the Sunday) around us!

It's a middle-eastern restaurant complete with matching decor and (I presume) matching clientele. Service was fine and the food was surprisingly good. Not particularly cheap or expensive but it was a welcome break from my quest to find that unicorn that was authentic Amsterdam cuisine.

Overall, a nice spot for lunch while heading onwards to the Rijksmuseum.