“Delicious”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Plantage & the East
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

It was our first time visiting and we were not disappointed. The food was delicious. Staff were friendly. Not a huge menu but everything as cooked fresh in front of us. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

We never have a burger usually, we always try to avoid fast food !
But these burgers are awesome, freshly made and real meat! My Spanish Lamb burger was out of this world!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We actually ended up here because The Butcher was actually out of hamburger meat (it was weird, it was 1 in the afternoon). So we walked around trying to find another spot to eat at and stumbled upon Burgermeester. They have a menu in Dutch & English which is always helpful.

The burgers are large and super messy. The Master Beef Burger is delish. The Beef Burger Royal with truffled eggs was unique, and IMO, anything with truffle oil is yummy.

The place is rather small, but it's quaint, clean, and the staff friendly. Check it out, it satisfied our American burger craving tummies!

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

We came here shortly after our trip from Artis Royal Zoo. I was a little hesitant at first as I felt the burgers were slightly overpriced and only a small selection of sides and weirdly no fries ???

However I didn't have any need for fries as the burger I had was amazing it was incredibly tasty. I had the royal burger and the ingredients were all fresh and made within minutes with also the option of brown or white bread. I also had a banana milkshake
this was incredible.

Overall if your looking for something fancy. This isn't the place in terms of decor but believe me the food more than makes up for it.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Like other reviewers below, I hate fastfood and always avoid it. However, the burgers of De Burgermeester are nothing close to fastfood! All ingredients used are very fresh, making the burgers rather healthy. I am a vegetarian myself and I never had such a good vega burger. The lentils burger is something I really would come back for.

Moreover, staff is very friendly and take really good care of any dietary requirements.

I will return!