“Good and cheap”
Review of Bojo Restaurant

Bojo Restaurant
Reserve with
Bojo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,466 of 4,085 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$0 - US$18
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We found this restaurant quit friendly with a good selection of well priced Indonesian plates. The service was reasonable.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We had been wandering around, looking for something a little different and came across Bojo. Fairly busy: always a good sign, although not much to look at from the outside. In fact, the interior could also do with a face lift. However, service was fast and efficient, with a decent atmosphere. There are a limited number of tables outside, although we chose to sit inside. The food was enjoyable and not overly expensive. Definitely good value for money.
This is clearly not a 5* establishment, and doesn't portray itself to be so, as some other reviewers seemed to expect.
We all enjoyed our meals, all plates were empty and we would return if we are in Amsterdam again.

1  Thank The_4Ns
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Based on mention in guide book (10 Best - DK - Amsterdam) went here on 30 Aug. We also had heard good reports of Indonesian food in Amsterdam - but not at Bojo it turned out. It was busy so looked hopeful. Food was very poor. Our table of 4 all said the same. Only one dish (deep fried cod/fish starter was edible). Baby squid were utterly foul! Not sure why it was busy. All the food looked equally bad. Don't go is all I can say! Female table staff were very sweet, friendly and helpful but this just made it more awkward. Oh dear! Avoid!

1  Thank Carolyn C
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We really wanted it to be a great meal as we had heard good things about Indonesian food in Amsterdam. I'm from south east asia and am familiar with Indonesian cuisine having had an Indonesian cook in my childhood home.
Sadly, the food was really, really bad. I had a prawn curry with rice and my partner had a nasi kuning special. The prawn curry had obviously been microwaved as the prawns were all shrivelled up, hard, floury and did not taste fresh. my partners meal was served lukewarm. The beef rendang curry on his plate was scarcely edible as there was so much gristle. For those not familiar with rendang, it a curry that is believed to have been created to tenderise cheap tough cuts of meat by slow cooking. That was clearly not done properly in this place :(
For that quality of food, it felt like a rip off.
However, we could not fault the service as our waitress was efficient and very polite.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I have now been three times on three different trips.
Make no mistake , this is not fine dining and the whole place needs renovating, but it's good food. The atmosphere is good, service very friendly and good. The food is great, mixed plates, big portions, good drinks. The curries are tasty and filling, not very hot ( This is of course my individual opinion). I recommend all of it, especially seafood , the deserts are nothing fancy by the way.
I recommend this place for a dutch/indonesian experience and good for those missing curry