“Great Spanish tapas”
Review of Tapasbar El Pincho

Tapasbar El Pincho
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Tapasbar El Pincho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 376 Restaurants in Haarlem
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is a nice place with excellent food and very good service. The atmosphere at the nice square makes it complete.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Dinner tapas style quickly adds up. But it was all so good. Our favorite dishes were the goat cheese salad and the spareribs. The potatoes with aioli and bacon covered dates were good, too. The only miss was the beef with cashews. WAY WAY too salty. There was no other flavor but salt. Careful if the server asks you if you want some bread before you start, that’s the bread with dips (No. 2 on the menu) which is very good, however the way she offered made it sound complementary and it was not. Not a problem for us at a couple of euros, but I could see stingy sorts wanting to argue the bill at the end of the night.

Our service was fine. Excellent location with outside views of St. Bavo.

Paul v, Eigenaar at Tapasbar El Pincho, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thank you for uour nice review. The beef is served with soja sauce which is salty. No salt added. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

Visited this restaurant twice during our visit to Haalem. The food was lovely. Just a tip to say be careful on ordering the dishes as on our first visit a lot of food was placed on the table at the same time. We were wise to this on our second visit and specifically asked for certain dishes first.
The tuna and salmon platters were particularly delicious.
Great location for people watching if you have an outside table.
Inside can be a bit 'tight' if the restaurant is full.
Would certainly recommend this little eatery to visitors in Haalem.

Paul v, Eigenaar at Tapasbar El Pincho, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Dear Nina.
Thank you for your review.
Paul

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

My friend and I stayed in Haarlem for four nights and chose El Pincho on the last night of our stay. While the majority of the staff was friendly, it was clear from the moment we walked in that our particular server was in a very bad mood or just took an instant disliking to us. The ordering system works similar to sushi restaurants in the States, you write down the menu number and quantity of what you'd like to order and give it to the server. We ordered wine and five dishes. Unfortunately I wrote down the wrong number for one dish - I'm terrible with numbers, I'm always confusing them in my head, and I was pretty tired from exploring all day.

Instead of bread we ended up getting a large platter of ham - it looked delicious by my friend and I don't eat meat. When I very politely asked what the ham dish was and realized what I had done, I told the waitress I was sorry and that I had made a mistake. She then told me shortly "you put down a five on the card, the five is the ham." I told her that I believed her, but that I had meant to order the bread and that we wouldn't eat the ham. She then stormed off to retrieve the card and wave it in my face. After I told her again that I believed her from the first, she asked "do you want the bread anyways?" and stormed off again. She didn't come to our table again. Another server brought the bread and we explained the situation - she was very nice but understandably seemed reluctant to cross the bad-tempered server.

And so the ham dish remained on our table and on our check - as you can imagine, it was significantly more expensive than the bread. We paid the bill without any other complaint and tipped, primarily since we were guests in their city. But it was certainly a disappointing end to a lovely vacation...

Dear Lillian.
I am sorry too hear this. Our policy is what you order is what you get. Otherwise we have to throw to many food away. However in ypur case the waitress could have reacted different. we hope you will accept our apologies..We do not make any distinction between our guests. Thank you for visiting us and leaving a review
Sincerly
Paul

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Really good tapas place - Gambas sardines manchego ... good wine, great service. Definitely worth a visit

Paul v, Eigenaar at Tapasbar El Pincho, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Thank you so much for your review.