“Friendly service | Food may be sourced from Albert Heijn”
Review of Subliem

Subliem
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Subliem is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 368 Restaurants in Haarlem
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The service was really wonderful at Subliem, a stark constrast to the usual form of poor Dutch service : very friendly and accommodating although not particularly knowledgeable about the wine selection. The food ingredients and quality, however, seemed to have been sourced from the Dutch grocery store, Albert Heijn. The salad seemed remarkably similar to one of the salad bags from AH, as well as the veg and even the entree and other items we ordered. Unfortunately, the taste was underwhelming and indeed, we felt we could have prepared a tastier meal ourselves if we purchased the ingredients directly and prepared the dishes at home. The €100 bill (starter and entrée each + bottle of wine) was a high price to pay for the experience.

1  Thank ashia

Reviewed 1 June 2013

I have been to this restaurant many times and it's always a pleasure. Being ‘locals’ my friend and I are recognised by the owner (also cook) and he will go out of his way to make sure we have a good time. The food is very good and service very friendly. I can’t imagine it being any different for people visiting maybe once. Because I have been before, I have noticed that the menu hasn’t changed for a long time and that’s my only suggestion: to change so now and then. I know there are daily specials but a few changed would be nice. A three course menu for euro 28,50 is very good value. I do really recommend this place!

Reviewed 16 May 2013

We joined the locals celebrating Queens day and had a wonderful dinner. Several staff including the chef came by to welcome us.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

We decided to go to this "sublime" restaurant as a day out to celebrate our anniversary. Turned out to be our worst restaurant experience ever.

First they put us on a table that was 20cm from the main entrance. Knowing it was january, the temperature was not pleasant.

After that, we waited for 20 minutes until somebody asked us if we wanted to drink something.
The food was good, but portions average. The service was very bad. The housewine was sour.
A bigger group came, what meant we had to sit even closer to the door, to the point that we could only sit straighten up with holding in our stomach.

When we finally paid and wanted to leave the place, we waited for 30 minutes for our change. When we realized they were not planning to give us change, we went to ask for it. The waitress said she "thought" it was okay like that; what really turned out to be the deal is that they didn't have any change to give back. She finally gave us back the amount of change in 10 and 20 cents, out of her wallet, and threw it unrespectfully on the table.

A little more positive communication could've made up a lot; remember that most of the people go out to the restaurant for the positive experience, not really for the food.

1  Thank Astafaze
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We did not make any reservations, but staff asked us to wait for 10 minutes, after that we got a table. Service was very friendly.

My first two choices on the menu were sold out apparantly, but nobody told us when the menus were given. My third choice, the salad of the day was poor, very little ingredients, and not worth its money. My girlfriend had the scampi's, they were ok.