“Fantastic”

Dining options: Reservations
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

On My previous trips to the Netherlands i have never found a decent restaurant, but this has been a great find, the previous reviews sum it all up and apart from the great food the service is first class.

• Visited June 2014

“Good créative restaurant with french influence. ”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

A new restaurant for me. We arrive late a saturday Night and the waiter asked the cooker if it was ok for dinner. We took the dégustation surprise menu with 4 course at 39,9€. We had créative amuse bouche good but not fantastic but I like to try new things so I like a cooker take a risk. After we havé Fish and méat very good and tasty. The bottle of french wine was good and price ok. My girfriend doesnt like chocolaté and they change for a tarte tatin that one of the cooker came to explain to us. I like when they going out of their kitchen.
It was one of the best tarte tatin I eat...and Im french pasta feuilleté perfect good choice of sort of Apple home made ice cream and vanille in stick at the middle. Really fantastic dessert. So we were happy to discover ratatouille in this charming street.
Service very pro and enthousiastic speak english with me.
Négative point : be carefull the glas of wine was a little dirty and a little loud in the main room but when the people leaved it was more quiet.
I recommand bécause it was good and créative.

Orlando, Florida
“Restaurant Week”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I came during Restaurant Week for dinner which appears to mean that there's no menu; you simply decide if you want three or four courses (we chose four, with wine pairings) and tell them if you have any dietary restrictions (no meat, no dairy, no gluten). What resulted was magical.

Ratatouille is a French restaurant in Haarlem and for this meal the chef clearly took special care in the detail. The first course was a stuffed fruit and Madeleine cookie filled with cheese. The second course was centered around meat. The third course was centered around fish. This was the best course. For the fourth course we had the option of dessert or cheese. Everyone at the table chose cheese. It was an excellent choice. And with the accompanying wine, this was an excellent meal.

I also appreciated the way that the server explained each dish (in English! We were an international group) with wit and humor. She was very good.

The next time I'm in Haarlem, I'm definitely coming back.

Visited March 2014