“A home from home”
Review of Stempels Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Haarlem
Stempels Hotel
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Haarlem
Reviewed 13 January 2013

This is a gem. The people are warm hearted and friendly without being intrusive. They really care about their guests and will go out of their way to accommodate them. The rooms are very well appointed and refined. The kitchen is excellent. During the last five years of visiting Holland, Stempels became my second home. Out of the many hotels that I visited in over thirty years of global travelling, this is my favourite.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Stempels Hotel

Reviewed 9 January 2013

I staid here the night after the finalization of the sale of my house in Haarlem. I thought I'd spoil myself a little. I had a great room under the roof, it was very large and with nice beams supporting the ceiling. A wonderful bathtub and a separate shower, and the soaps etc came from my favorite store "Rituals". The breakfast was lovely. The Wifi worked fine. And the bed is a Hastens! I've always wanted to sleep in one. A great last night in the city I've lived in for 11 years.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank SanneRoemen
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights over New Year. The (superior) room was very spacious, shower was very powerful. The beds like most in Holland seem to have very shallow mattress so we found this a bit too firm for our liking. The hotel itself is a beautifully preserved old building, with wonderful original cornicing etc. The staff are extremely helpful. We had dinner on New Years Eve in the Bistro the choice was fairly limited, but the food itself was excellent. Breakfast is self service with the usual cold European cheeses and meats. There was also scrambled eggs - boiled eggs and bacon available. Also a variety of breads and pastries. Enough to keep you going almost until the evening.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I really liked my room, very spacious, clean and comfortable. Their meeting rooms were also well ventilated and of good standard. Restaurant a bit bland though. The staff were friendly and very informative. Internet speed ok and the location was excellent; was able to quickly go shopping between sessions as the shopping centre was only about 10 minutes by foot
I would gladly stay again

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2012

In the center of old Haarlem opposite the old Bavo catherdal (1559), this hotel is in the best spot in Haarlem. You can park your car in an underground parking next to the hotel. This hotel is in a beautiful old building, that used to be the old mint of the Netherlands.
The owners have done a great job in maintaining the old details (wooden ceilings etc ) of the building. The rooms are spacious, light, luxurious and simple at the same time. The beds are simply great (Hästens beds). The breakfast is good. The lunches and dinners are fantastic. Even only for one night, we enjoyed it very much and we will certainly return.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank NoorLeb
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I spent a coule of days at the Stempels as part of a wedding party. I had a very spacious and comfortable room (superior room). The staff is very friendly and attended rapidly to my request of an iron (not in room). The bed was great and shower with the right pressure and hot water. Very clean and simple decor. Breakfast was good value for money. This is a must for anybody visiting Haarlem. You cannot ask for a better location (5' walk from the oldest museum in NL, the Teyler museum). I haven't tried the restaurant but I went to the cafe and it has a great atmosphere. Prices are very reasonable.
One minus point, though: no coffee maker in the room (for the times you are too lazy to change from your pijama's to go downstairs) and the computer, which is way too low and can do with an upgrade.

Room Tip: I had room 10 and it was less noisy than the rooms other friends got (I was not facing the church bu...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2012

My room was fantastic, clean, spacious and stylish. The woman at the front desk was very helpful with directions to the Frans Hals Museum. The bed was so comfy and I slept so well. The Brasserie downstairs had very good food for lunch and the waitstaff were very kind.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo