“Convenient location next to Keukenhof park”

Hotel Restaurant De Nachtegaal
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lisse
Prague, Czech Republic
“Convenient location next to Keukenhof park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

We chose this hotel due to the proximity to the Keukenhof park. Upon our arrival, we were pleasantly welcome by the nice smell of hyacinths placed in the reception. The room was OK for a 1 night stay. Arriving in the evening, we went to the hotel restaurant for dinner, which was really delicious. There kitchen is open, so you can see the food being prepared.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jane0807

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Great place, great staff. Clean and welcoming. Always drive over from UK so idea for us. Alittle way out from Amsterdam but close enough to park and ride. Only 5 - 10 minutes from beach by car. Stayed here before and will always use again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Aurora, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

I chose this hotel because of its convenience to Keukenhof and the tulip package they offered. I thought the front desk people were kind and helpful, but seemed to be so busy that it made me feel badly to ask anything. They never made me feel that way, always trying to be helpful, but my impression is that it is too much work for the one person on duty most of the time.

The rooms weren't much, but I was expecting that. My room was sufficient. The reception people were nice about getting me a taxi, but I will not use the taxi company again. Apparently the hotel told me that it was the only one in town so I had to use them to get to the gardens because I couldn't walk too far.

I will try to find another place to write about the taxi company but I will NOT use them again. They left me stranded at a restaurant and NEVER showed up, even after follow up calls and the owner of the restaurant finally took me home as they were leaving so I wouldn't be stranded in the closed up little town at night. But the front desk people couldn't have been more helpful with bus info and anything I asked and the taxi problem wasn't related to the hotel at all.

I thought the breakfast was fair, but again, I had read the reviews so didn't have high expectations and it was sufficient. I was there for tulips. I did have a very nice dinner there and enjoyed the outgoing kind servers, especially Danny, I think it was. The dinner was part of a package so I don't know about the expense.

My only problem, and it was significant, was that I'd asked for a wake up call for a taxi I'd ordered to get me to the Amsterdam Central station for my train. My travel alarm clock broke and I had to depend on the front desk staff. The call never came! That was a big deal to me. I woke up late, and called the front desk thinking maybe my watch had the wrong time and I was told they couldn't call me because the phones weren't working. They didn't have time to come to my room to wake me up. My taxi driver was there already. Luckily I had everything ready so quickly was out of there. That is something I think needs to be a priority for people. I have never had to depend on hotels for wake up calls, but I do think most are dependable! I did make it to my train because I'd allowed a lot of time and the taxi company I use there is outstanding!!

Would I stay again, yes, if it is a very good deal. But it is not somewhere I will look forward to returning to.

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank trvlr8000
Gordons Bay, South Africa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

Hotel rooms are comfortable and the front desk is friendly and helpful. but that's where it end. The hotel is old and in serious need of revamping. We were there while the Keukenhof tours were on-going and the busses and couch drivers stay there overnight, occupying the first bedroom as you enter the area towards the other rooms of the hotel. The never closed their room door, everyone passing can hear and see how they lounge about, very unprofessional. The restaurant is a total let down, rock hard bacon, watery eggs and the food is that of a zero star hotel. Dinner was also very bad and overpriced. Only after complaining they replaced the burnt ribs served. The chefs, not sure you can call then chefs did not understand English or Ductch, best to avoid this place at all.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PriveeMarinda

Travellers are raving about these Lisse hotels

North Ayrshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

Main reason for using this hotel was firstly it had vacancies,secondly it was close to Keukenhof and it had easy road access for our car.

Hotel was perfectly OK. Clean and comfortable with good restaurant and friendly staff.

free Wi Fi

Plentiful open air car parking.(Not secure but safe enough)

Just moments from Keukenhof either on foot or by car. In open countryside with nice outlook of bulb fields when in bloom.

The hotel was quite expensive due to the bulbfield season.

Room Tip: Check bathroom is suitable for you as our first room had large roman styie step in bath with no rail...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

I stayed at De Nachtegaal in September of 2012. I really had no idea what to expect with a hotel in Europe. The rooms are small with two small double beds but we were simple travelers and didn't need much. The hotel has a great bar/restaurant area as well as a nice casino. The service was great and Stephanie at the front desk was wonderful and very helpful. The wait staff and bartenders were funny and great to be around. It was a close walk to the city square and we had a great stay during our time.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisse
Hotel De Duif
Hotel Orion
Hotel Orion
#1 of 1 in Kaag
Hotel Van Oranje, Autograph Collection

Been to Hotel Restaurant De Nachtegaal? Share your experiences!