“American Pub food”

Hotel Restaurant De Nachtegaal
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lisse
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had a meal in this hotel/restaurant, while we stayed in the hotel. The staff was very very friendly and considerate. We had a huge appetizer of a variety of small tapas. We had some main dishes too. Plates were to big to overlook these while the amount of food was exaggerated, while the quality so so. These plates must be for tourists and tourists only. The prices are not that cheap as we ended up with a bill for 4 people of € 125. Therefore the are better restaurants in the environment.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the first floor, so you won't be bothered by the parking cars.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 August 2013

My family stayed and occupied 3 rooms
we were told that they also served vegan and vegetarian food, but this was not the
case. The Hotel staff are friendly but service is slow and checking out also very slow
At breakfast, there only seemed one person serving coffee
They are definitely short staffed.
One of the nights, the fire alarm went off 3 times, and there was no proper organisation and children were distressed
The Management "need to get their act together" and will lose business
I completed a complaint form in May 2013 but have had no response

Dushy Chetty

Room Tip: South side rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I thought the staff were very friendly. food was very good . the hotel was very clean . I have two down points . I thought a casino would have gaming tables but it was more or less bandit machines and when i opted to have the movies on my television the service after one movie decided to stop working . but hey ho I still had an excellent stay .

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Short stay to visit relatives . Staff always friendly and bar and restaurant good . Overall good value when booked in advance with breakfast but this our 4th or 5th stay and rooms getting a little tired and some noise from what appears to be rooms for long term residents at rear

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We chose this hotel due to the proximity to the Keukenhof park. Upon our arrival, we were pleasantly welcome by the nice smell of hyacinths placed in the reception. The room was OK for a 1 night stay. Arriving in the evening, we went to the hotel restaurant for dinner, which was really delicious. There kitchen is open, so you can see the food being prepared.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane0807
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Great place, great staff. Clean and welcoming. Always drive over from UK so idea for us. Alittle way out from Amsterdam but close enough to park and ride. Only 5 - 10 minutes from beach by car. Stayed here before and will always use again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I chose this hotel because of its convenience to Keukenhof and the tulip package they offered. I thought the front desk people were kind and helpful, but seemed to be so busy that it made me feel badly to ask anything. They never made me feel that way, always trying to be helpful, but my impression is that it is too much work for the one person on duty most of the time.

The rooms weren't much, but I was expecting that. My room was sufficient. The reception people were nice about getting me a taxi, but I will not use the taxi company again. Apparently the hotel told me that it was the only one in town so I had to use them to get to the gardens because I couldn't walk too far.

I will try to find another place to write about the taxi company but I will NOT use them again. They left me stranded at a restaurant and NEVER showed up, even after follow up calls and the owner of the restaurant finally took me home as they were leaving so I wouldn't be stranded in the closed up little town at night. But the front desk people couldn't have been more helpful with bus info and anything I asked and the taxi problem wasn't related to the hotel at all.

I thought the breakfast was fair, but again, I had read the reviews so didn't have high expectations and it was sufficient. I was there for tulips. I did have a very nice dinner there and enjoyed the outgoing kind servers, especially Danny, I think it was. The dinner was part of a package so I don't know about the expense.

My only problem, and it was significant, was that I'd asked for a wake up call for a taxi I'd ordered to get me to the Amsterdam Central station for my train. My travel alarm clock broke and I had to depend on the front desk staff. The call never came! That was a big deal to me. I woke up late, and called the front desk thinking maybe my watch had the wrong time and I was told they couldn't call me because the phones weren't working. They didn't have time to come to my room to wake me up. My taxi driver was there already. Luckily I had everything ready so quickly was out of there. That is something I think needs to be a priority for people. I have never had to depend on hotels for wake up calls, but I do think most are dependable! I did make it to my train because I'd allowed a lot of time and the taxi company I use there is outstanding!!

Would I stay again, yes, if it is a very good deal. But it is not somewhere I will look forward to returning to.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank trvlr8000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisse
Hotel Restaurant Grand Cafe Flora
Van der Valk Hotel Schiphol
Grand Hotel Huis Ter Duin
Grand Hotel Huis Ter Duin
#3 of 27 in Noordwijk

Been to Hotel Restaurant De Nachtegaal? Share your experiences!