“good hotel”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Zaandam
warrington
“good hotel”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

this hotel is part of best western no complaints at all, there are two buses to the centre the 391 stand C takes 20 minutes and the 392 stand D takes half hour, turn left as you walk out to the front of the station ask for cremetorium they run every 15 mins or 30 mins on sunday, you can buy a day ticket for 7euros per person, we found out on the last day that this gives travel all day not just return and check with bus man as think also covers trams and other buses,

Room Tip: we were on top floor and heard no noise at all through the whole stay for 3 nights
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Zaandam, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you left on Tripadvisor. We try to meet the expectations of our guests and I believe we did achieve this.

Maik Willems

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Read and heard comments regarding this hotel so wasn't sure what to expect when I booked a 3 night stay for mid-April 2013. The foyer/bar/restaurant area is good and clean and the service great. The room is a little bit lower in standard, but still clean and everything worked.
After a night a hotel you begin to notice things that can be annoying. There was a dripping noise coming from inside a vent above the room door that would occasionally get so loud as to wake me up. Also no matter how tight I closed the window I could still hear traffic from way up on the 4th floor. My room was right outside the main corridor from the lift so if anyone left early or arrived late at night I heard it or it work me up.
However, this was balanced back by a great bed, a nice and tasty breakfast and a very cheap rate. Will definately use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms 74-79 or 84-89 would be my choice after seeing the corridor layout.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank David R
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Zaandam, responded to this review, 3 May 2013

Ilfracombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Only stayed one night. found the room clean and tidy, however quite basic. Only very small twin beds but slept well. Reminded me of a travlodge in the uk. The lobby and dining area was very nice. The staff were extremeley helpful and pleasant. Good for a short break but not a holiday.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank pcourtneyjan
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Zaandam, responded to this review, 18 January 2013

Folkestone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Freezing cold rooms with wafer thin walls.
The door slams in the corridors will wake you up early as the contractors leave for work..
Food varies between reasonable to rubbish and the service level remained at a constant low, with 45 minute wait for a sandwich at lunchtime.
The room size and layout is fine but the heating inadequate so with outside temps of zero the room leeches heat and you will be cold

Room Tip: Rooms in other hotels will be better
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank m1j1l
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Zaandam, responded to this review, 11 December 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our associates in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

I hope you accept my apologies ,

Maik Willems

Travellers are raving about these Zaandam hotels

Brentwood UK
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Hotel was just above basic, but functional. Room size was 112 sq meters. Hotel was clean and room had all the facilities I required. Toilet had a bath/shower and two sinks. Towels were fine and changed everyday despite being put back on rack. Soap and shampoo came in tiny bottles, the smallest I've ever seen.
Never found the advertised wi-fi. Some staff were very friendy and others quite curt. I asked about buses and was told to go and look at timetabele at the bus stop!
It is a decent 20 minute walk to nearest train station. Taxi was in the region of 10 euros. Taxi driver asked why on earth were we staying in Zaandam, it was only farmers staying here!
Breakfast was an extra 13 euros, but you have no nearby cafes so are limited.
Had dinner one night which for a hotel was reasonable.
Do your homework if staying here. If you have a car it is better.

Room Tip: Try and get a higher floor (6th) as road noise is a problem.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Babicz
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Zaandam, responded to this review, 3 October 2012

I hope you accept my apologies ,

Maik Willems
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zaandam
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Zaandam
#114 of 367 in Amsterdam
Bastion Hotel Amsterdam Noord
Bastion Hotel Amsterdam Noord
#210 of 367 in Amsterdam

Been to Bastion Hotel Zaandam? Share your experiences!