“Amsterdam Beach Hotel Zandvoort”

Amsterdam Beach Hotel Zandvoort
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Zandvoort
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel in November last year. I travelled alone. Zandvoort was/is very quiet in the winter. I had booked a single room but was given an upgrade on arrival. Staff were very friendly. I was asked if I wanted a daily cleaning, towels changing, etc. I was only staying for 5 nights. I don't see the point of changing bedding and towels every day, I don't at home. I was left alone, just as I wanted. Hotel is in a good location, about 10 minutes walk from the train station. 2 minutes walk from the beach and just round the corner from the main shopping street. Breakfast was filling, buffet type, choices of cereal, bread, cheese and cold meats, kept me going for a few hours. I wouldn't rule out a return visit but I do prefer apartments.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are good. The room I had, had one wall papered with a picture of wooden p...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Steve H
There are newer reviews for Amsterdam Beach Hotel Zandvoort

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Lovely hotel with pleasant staff and great surroundings, breakfast provided and fast wifi too. Clean bedding and a lovely shower, the hotel was fully booked but it was so peaceful and quiet you'd never have known.

Room Tip: Room 2 has a street light right outside the window, a blind is provided along with curtains, but it...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Matt D
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We booked at the last minute - about 2 hours before we arrived - and were happy with the price for a small room, but everything we needed and a hairdryer available from reception. the beds were comfortable, the location good - close to the beach and town, and the staff were friendly and helpful. For one night it was fine. we had a ground floor room but didnt find it noisy, we slept very well and had an early start next morning. Breakfast was good. For the price we paid we were happy.

Room Tip: our room was at the front on the corner and in high season can imagine this is noisy and with window...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy M
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed here for one night as a gift for her birthday.
It is very close to the beach and they have rooms with a view on it. Now is the Dutch beach not adjacent to the tropical blue sea you want to see but sea view nevertheless.

Location:
The location is about 10 minutes walk from the train station.
It is close to the shopping area and the arcade/casino.
It has rooms with a good view on the square and behind that the beach and sea.

Service:
We found the service to be moderate.
The girl was a bit absent (not seeking contact when you stand right in front of the desk or just waiting till you state your question) and the guy was a bit snarky (by his facial expressions).

Food:
They have a restaurant, but it wasn't reviewed on Tripadvisor so we didn't eat our dinner here.
The breakfast was okay. Good food but maybe lacking a bit diversity.

Room:
Our room was situated with a view on the beach but also a view on the opposite building and on the street/alley/neighbours.
It can be noisy with an ac on the roof and a street with cars in front.
The facilities were okay.
The bathroom was okay.
The toilet was clamped in between the wall of the shower and the heating radiator so mind your head or when you are tall just stand a bit further when you need to pee.
Room was clean. A bit small for my liking but it was only for one night.
Around the hotel there are some gnarly dusty spots on the stairway. When you walk up or down you'll encounter them face to face.

Room Tip: Room with sea view can be a room with sea view but also have half a view of the opposite building.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Arriving at the reception of the Hotel is something of an experience in itself, I was taken aback by a non standard presentation. reception consists of a low slung table with lap top and reception staffer seated behind. I did in fact ask where reception was!

The hotel has no lift and rooms are on 4 floors. Those with physical problems would find taking luggage to the room more than difficult. Bedrooms are sparton consisting of bed, metal clothes cabinet and beach chair. A TV in our room was tucked away in a corner. Rooms are decorated white and floors are bare timber. This pattern continues in the shower toilet complete with tin enamel wash basin. Rooms are spotlessly clean but minimalistic and somewhat clinical. The breakfast area is a little grubby and contrasts to the hotel having brown wood tables and chairs. Breakfast is presented on bare table tops and open trays and with little choice.
Staff are more than helpful. Parking is not available at the hotel but on streets nearby at a cost of 10Euro each day.Situated just 100mtrs away from the sea from the hotel is ideally located

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annegoddard
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have no idea what possessed the designers of this hotel. They have created a hotel with the interior of a beach hut in the middle of a council estate. On the plus side the staff are friendly, the rooms clean and the beds comfortable. The wardrobe was a metal locker straight out of a 1970's factory changing room. The bathroom sink was an enamel Belfast sink with no shelf for the soap etc. The wet room shower equally had no shelf for shampoo. When the complimentary shower gel was used up it was not replaced. There were no curtains on the windows only sails to close. BUT worst of all was the noise. I stayed 4 nights in a ground floor room whilst visiting the nearby racing circuit and on every night I was woken at around 1 am and then again at 2 am by drunks shouting and carrying on outside my bedroom window. The room was oppressively hot with no air conditioning. I was charged over £100 per night for single occupancy with breakfast. I will never return because there simply has to be something better that this at around £100 a night.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from the road as possible if you want to sleep
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank michael a
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This hotel is very clean and tastefully decorated in a modern beach hut style. Located very centrally and above what can be a noisy bar. We were in for a bit of a shock on arrival as there was a live kareoke style singer in full swing. Worse our room was directly above and we also had a problem with the number of smokers. Keep your patio doors open when its hot and more often than not you get a waft of tobacco smoke. Apart from that we really enjoyed our stay. Breakfast included and was very good. Didn't have the same ambience in the evening and I would definitely recommend eating out. Also noted the Dutch don't seem to need or use a second pillow as some of us Brits do. No spare available so pleased I'd brought my own. Reception otherwise very helpful. They allowed us to keep our bikes in their garage and were always v friendly. This hotel would definitely suit younger people because of its location.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family