“Amazing hotel and service”

Hotel Restaurant Rodenbach
Hotel Restaurant Rodenbach
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Enschede
Brugg, Switzerland
“Amazing hotel and service”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel and it's service is amazing. Very friendly staff. Room was nice and clean - quite big as well! The restaurant in the hotel is of great quality and served us even after closing hours when we arrived late in the evening. Prices are more than fair of both hotel and restaurant. I have nothing bad to say about this place. It can only recommend it!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Groningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Interesting to see a previous review entitled "dinner nudged the experience to very good' or so. With us it was exactly the other way round! That is, the hotel was okay. Our room was nice, it was quiet, spacious, clean (although we did find a used chocolate wrapper) and the heating worked well. Dinner was another story.... We stayed for two nights, and the first night we decided, being quite tired, to have dinner at the restaurant. We arrived at around 7:30. First they tried to seat us - although the restaurant was not full - at a small table for two placed halfway in the corridor to the kitchen. We protested, and chose another table. After sitting down at the table we discovered that that there was glass on the table and on the butter dish. We told the waiter, and he removed some pieces of glass and put them on the table behind us, which was empty. We asked him to remove the butter dish as well, and he switched it with the one on the table behind us.... He then brought our drinks, but after this things started going really wrong... In the menu there was an item entitled (in English) 'shoot of the day', with the words 'ask your waiter'. So we asked him, and he had no idea what it was. He said he would ask the chef. After another 10 minutes the chef appeared, and he also didn't know....! After yet another 15 minutes he informed us that it was some sort of fish. Strange. In the meantime we had also ordered a carafe of water. This did not appear. After 15 minutes we asked the waiter - he said he would go and get it, but it still did not arrive. After yet another 15 minutes I went up the bar and begged one of the waiters to bring us the water, and he finally did. The food arrived after one hour and 15 minutes, at 8:45. By this time we were so hungry and tired that we would have eaten anything... This being said, the food wasn't too bad, although nothing special. I had ordered a fish and it was prepared well, with a light sauce. I did notice that the people seated at the table next to us sent a dish back - twice. Anyway, the service experience had been so terrible that we decided to forego dessert or coffee or anything like that. In fact, we never intend to go back to this restaurant again! On a final note: we couldn't bring ourselves to check the bill right after dinner (we just paid it), but when we checked it a few days later at home we found that they has charged us Euro 2,30 for the water.....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Enschede hotels

Munich, Germany
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Hotel Rodenbach is rather focussed on its restaurant as on its hotel business. Rooms are average sized but no free-wifi (status Feb 2013) and no features as gym, pool or whatsoever. No bath tubs in the 3 rooms I have been staying so far. However, if you just need a clean & nice place to stay this is for you. The inner-city of Enschede with restaurants and bars is in 7min walking distance. Free parking infront of the restaurant/hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the same building - otherwise you need to go outside and inside again to fetch breakfas...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Along with other reviewers, I would say that the Rodenbach is very well placed if you arrive by train or visit Saxion university or want to walk in the park. (All of which applied to both my visits here). I've stayed in the annexe, where the rooms are large but can feel cold, both literally and aesthetically. Room 165 has a huge, well lit desk with such a dull view (on to the car park) that you cannot claim to be distracted. Breakfast choice seemed fine to me, with a remarkable choice of chocolate spreads, the like of which I had never seen, or even dreamt of. Dinner was a revelation; a lot of care and thought had gone into producing good food with imagination. It may sound unadventurous to serve tomato soup and creme brûlée, but to do these classics superbly and serve them thoughtfully shows great skill. Catch this young chef while you can.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
uk
Reviewed 5 March 2013

ok hotel (dont think there is much choice in Enschede!) the website akes the rooms look fantastic , modern etc. In reality the rooms (i saw three) were more like motel rooms! althougthey were clean and spacious . the rooms do have free wifi which is very important to me. the breakfast was very basic but the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Stayed here for a business meeting, and arrived after the drive from Rotterdam at only 11am. I asked if I could check in at that time, and of course, there was no problem, nice to see customer service isn't dead, try that at a big chain hotel.

The room was clean, well equipped and comfortable, and more than I expected. When I told my clients where I was staying, they said that the restaurant is absolutely top flight, unfortunately I never ate there, but it LOOKED first class.

It's a short (5 minute) walk into the town centre, the train and bus stations are very close to hand making it ideally located, on a quiet street, but within easy walking distance to all the bars and restaurants in town, and the Old market Square.

Breakfast in the morning was good, in true Continental style, but lots of choice at the help yourself biffet, constantly tended to and topped up with fressh fayre.

I will definately be back, and stay here agoan, when I've got more time to explore this city.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Paris, France
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Went there for 2 days on a business trip. The rooms are okay but not very big or clean either. Breakfast is only okay too. I was mostly disappointed by the service, which is pretty poor. The restaurant is, on the other end, quite good although pricey.
I did appreciate it's location, close to the train station and the city center.

All in all this hotel seems dated and needs a good refresh. The Theater Hotel in Almelo (20km away) offers, for the same money, a much better overall experience.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enschede
City
IntercityHotel Enschede
IntercityHotel Enschede
#3 of 7 in Enschede
Resort Bad Boekelo
#1 of 1 in Boekelo

Been to Hotel Restaurant Rodenbach? Share your experiences!