Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Layiwola A

Solo business trip

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Jul 2016via mobile
Proves true to its claim to efficient and courteous service, clean room and comfy bed. Easy to locate from the train station; take the east exit of the station; look up when outside and there it is: just 447 steps away. Great breakfast. Nice food also from their kitchen. A good place to be!
Date of stay: July 2016
Responded 22 Jul 2016
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

It is always nice to see that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
I hope to welcome you again soon!

kind regards,

2.8 miles from IntercityHotel Enschede
2.6 miles from IntercityHotel Enschede
3.1 miles from IntercityHotel Enschede
View more hotels in Enschede
All reviews train station car park modern hotel city centre stay there again wonderful view air condition nice room pillows ut personnel
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 July 2016

I was in town to visit a friend so needed a good place to stay, and this fit the bill.

The location is perfect for both anyone visiting the area or just for anyone just passing through needing a break on a long journey. Regular trains run both the Amsterdam airport and into Germany and the station is a matter of minutes from stepping off the train. It is also in the downtown area of town so again just a few minutes away from an area with plenty of bars / restaurants to choose from.

To get to the hotel from the street there is a lift, a sign does point the way and when you find it there is a call button to press and the lift is sent down. There are a lot of steps which are not too bad if not with a case but just as easy to get the lift

It felt a modern hotel and my friend mentioned that it was not there that long ago and it felt new. The room felt large and as well as the en suite, certainly for a single person.

As someone who can't speak Dutch that was not a problem, I had heard the Dutch speak good English and it was proven the case on check in and check out when I was greeted by friendly people on reception. Also the TV had channels in a few languages, inc BBC1, BBC2. WIFI was great as well and free.

One thing I would add is that the key is needed to use the lift ( the right way around otherwise you get a message saying restricted floor as I got a few times ) also the keycard is needed to use the lights and TV with a slot by the door, this might have been mentioned on check in but I must have missed it as I spent a few minutes trying to work it out.

I would stay here again without hesitation if I am in the area again.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
marloesw425, General Manager at IntercityHotel Enschede, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2016

Dear Ian,

thank you for the time taken to review the hotel.
It is always nice to read you enjoyed your stay in the InterCityHotel Enschede.

With your feedback we can adjust our service. I will mention to the team the things you pointed out.
I hope you will still with us during your next visit to Enschede.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

I liked it. The rooms are modern and of a good size. A nice stylised bar area, and a tasty breakfast. Small downside are lots of steps to enter the hotel, but there are lifts so it's hardly an issue really. You need your room card to work the lift which was a tiny issue when you forgot where you had put it, but it's quite the norm in elevators these days. All in all I would recommend

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

This is likely the best option in enschede. It is a chain hotel and that all it is. Service is perfunctory however location is good being a short 2 minute walk to the train station. Watch out for the hotel parking entry its pretty narrow.

Wifi is free and breakfast options the usual egg bacon and tired fruits combination.

Luckily i didnt get room odour problems. Likely depends on which floor. 7 should be fine.

3  Thank Lionel C
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed here a couple times in the last year for business. The hotel is reasonably priced and a great value. Rooms are well appointed and updated. The location is awesome, walking distance to all the restaurants and shops you could need.

Staff is very friendly. Wouldnt necessarily recommend the breakfast for 14 euro. It is essentially what you get free at most continental breakfasts.

Trip type: Travelled on business
marloesw425, General Manager at IntercityHotel Enschede, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2016

Dear Mister Justin E,

thank you for the nice review.
I hope to welcome you again during your nex visit to the city of Enschede.

Best regards,

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

Greeted by a very nice young man at check in, I asked for a quiet room so he put me on the 7th floor at the end of the corridor. it was very quiet except for the person in the room next door insisting on slamming their door.
room was modern and clean and tidy.
only negative was the inability to provide an invoice upon checking out because I had booked through an agency. as a result I don't have a bill to submit to balance my expenses, receptionist refused to give one because it had been booked by an agency

Trip type: Travelled on business
marloesw425, General Manager at IntercityHotel Enschede, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2016

Dear Sir / Mrs.

Thank you for your nice review.
I will forward your compliment to our reception employee.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Kind regards,