“Great location and friendly staff.”

Hotel de Tabaksplant
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Amersfoort
Reviewed 3 June 2011

I paid 65 Euro's a night for my en- suite single room on the first floor at the front of the hotel.The stairscases in the hotel are very steep and some almost have just half a spiral step.
I do not have any health problems and I really had to concentrate on my step,so not suitable for the eldery , infirm or children.They do have rooms on the ground floor that look onto a lovely courtyard with garden furniture. at the back of the hotel.
My room was clean although the decor was very clinical. All the rooms have small fridges and the staff kindly gave me a jug of fresh milk for my coffee.Having a room at the front of the hotel and not being double glazed means you can hear everything that goes on outside.Overall this is a budget style hotel in a great central location very near the main shopping street in Amersfoort.The breakfast was simple and typically Dutch.
The staff were very friendly and ordered taxi's for me when I needed them.
This hotel is great for short stays and I will definatelt stay here again.

Room Tip: Groundfloor overlooking courtyard is best
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 October 2010

I stayed at the Logies de Tabaksplant for 6 nights in September. It's main advantage was that it was close to the centre of town. However, Amersfoort Centraal Station was approximately 25 minutes away; either by walking all the way or going to De Flint and waiting for a bus.
The room I stayed in, costing 80 euro per night, had an ensuite. The room itself was adequate with a small-screen TV. The room was at the front of the building, directly opposite Amersfoort's sex shop boasting the greatest collection of Erotica in the Netherlands!
Breakfast was OK with a boiled egg, cheese, meat, tea/coffee etc. It kept you going until lunch time.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Flatfish56
Reviewed 25 September 2010

Hi All,
If any one is traveling to Amersfoort and is searching for a hotel to stay then your best choice will Logies de Tabaksplant.
We stayed here for a month and a little more. It is a great place to stay, it is very close to the main street.
The best about the hotel is the SERVICE. The staff there are very helpful a special mention about Maurice and Nancy and not to forget Koos. The comfort level is very good.
If i get a chance to go to Amersfoort then my choice of hotel will be undoubtedly Tabaksplant.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2010

My husband and I just returned from a week in Amersfoort. What a lovely little town! Lots to see and do: museums, art, great shopping, many patio restaurants, and wonderful bike paths along the canals. The hotel is in a great location. You can walk/bike everywhere easily but you are still in the quaint old cobblestone village. We stayed in the extended stay apartments but were told by other guests that all the rooms where fairly noisy. Bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper like me. The staff were helpful and spoke English well. The rooms were nice and clean, bed was comfortable, breakfast was the same everyday but gave us a true European experience. Overall a very nice stay. Renting bikes is a great way to see the town!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WhoohooVacation
Reviewed 27 September 2009

This place has a great location, a very nice gardened patio in the back, and the best shower I have seen in a long time. The center of Amersfoort is right around the corner, with everything within easy walking distance. My room overlooked the patio, which was nice and peaceful. The shower was a 3 way system: you could go handheld, a stream from the top of the shower, or 3 jets spraying you from the middle. Breakfast was good, yogurt, hard boiled egg, meats and cheeses with bread. Although you cannot park in front, you can unload in front and then park in the parking garage down the street. The hotel has reduced parking cards for sale, which is handy.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2008

To begin with, Amersfoort is a perfect place to stay if you like the ambience of a gentle, slow city which is full of interesting buildings and friendly folk. I stayed for a week in total and had a wonderful time wandering through the medieval streetscape and calling in for a coffee or a beer at the numerous bars and cafes along and beside the Langestraat.
The hotel, Logies deTabaksplant, is a family-run three-house hotel a stone's throw from the ancient centre of the city. The rooms are spotless and the staff couldn't be more helpful. There's a real sense of warm friendliness about the place. They even offer a laptop computer to keep up with the emails.
I really enjoyed the time I spent there and plan to return in the future.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 4 August 2007

Stayed here for 2 nights during a 13 day visit to The Netherlands. We loved Amersfoort and spent most of our time there wandering around the old city. We stayed in a double room under the eaves (views of other roofs) and shared toilet & shower facilites with a couple of other rooms, although we never saw anyone else use them. We would have preferred a room with ensuite bath, but none were available. The room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was OK - not the best of our trip, but perfectly fine. We loved the courtyard in the back - it was a very comfortable spot to relax with a glass of wine. The location is great - easy walking distance to the center of the old city, yet in a very quiet location. We were checked in by a lovely young woman, Fleur (sp?), who spoke wonderful English and was very friendly and helpful. We didn't really have much interaction with other staff, who seemed somewhat more reserved. If I were to go to Amersfoort again, I'd stay here.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends