“Lovely hotel and great staff.”

Mercure Hotel Amersfoort Centre
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Amersfoort
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Just got back from a trip to Holland to see the bulb fields and gardens, had a very pleasant stay here. the staff are really lovely, kind and helpful, and the rooms are so comfortable, great bathroom, spotless beds and rooms. just a wee bit dark but I guess very modern. Breakfast was good, and I am sorry to say I saw a member of our coach party stealing from the breakfast, not only food but coffee and cups, I can only say how sorry I was to see this, it gives a very bad impression of English people. I did mention it to our driver. I think he dealt with it .
The overall stay was great. it is so easy to get into the centre of the beautiful town and had lots of lovely food to eat there. What a very pretty place Amerfoort is and wonderful kind and friendly Dutch people.

Room Tip: So easy to get around from this hotel, the railway station is close by and you can be in The Haige u...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Martin L, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Amersfoort Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear citychick-11

We are very pleased to read your 'great' compliments about our staff and hotel. Thank you so much.
We are happy to have had you and your group as our guests. Please come again!
We hope the driver enjoyed the bread to go. No worries about this. All that matters is that you were brought home safely.
Thank you all for staying with us.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Hotel Amersfoort Centre

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Very convenient to the Centraal station in Amersfoort. Walking takes about 10 minutes. (Bring your umbrella - it's The Netherlands after all!) The hotel is in a building with lots if amenities - restaurant with any type of food you could want, Dirk grocery store, fitness center, and a decent bar in the hotel. Rooms are nicely appointed. I stayed in April 2014 and the hotel was relatively new. Very comfortable.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Martin L, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Amersfoort Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Kingjaners,

Indeed good to mention once: the amenities of the building of the hotel. But more important is that you had a very comfortable stay with us.
Thank you for your nice review.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Perfect room with confortable bed, huge tv, nice bathroom, only towels do not fit with overall quality, were very harsh. Staff was ok spoke good english. There was no room service menu on my room, neither the "do not disturb sign" as a result i was waken up by the cleaning lady at 7 a.m.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Hello Paloma,

Thank you for writing our rooms are perfect and fancy. Please come again!
And when you come, please always approach our receptionists if there's something missing in the room. Or not to your liking. We want your whole visit to be perfect! And we love to solve possible shortcomings or defects during your (next) stay.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Just back from five nights staying in Amersfoort. Very pleasant town, market squares, lots of bars and restaurants. Well located for Amsterdam, thirty minutes by train, and the Keukenhof bulb fields, stunning place 50 minutes drive away.
The hotel was very comfortable, staff were friendly and attentive, overall very good. Lots of parking, although the signs to get into the car park could be greatly improved (the entrance is round the back, the same entrance as the Burger King drive-thru. Park in level -1, there is a door from there straight into the hotel reception). Overall, a very pleasant few days.
The entries below ref fitness centre and swimming pool should be blank but this site would not allow me to correct my error in completing them.

Room Tip: Standard room was perfectly adequate. Although the hotel is on a roundabout, there was no traffic no...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Robert S.

Thank your for your high rating. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hotel Amersfoort Centre. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is a very nice hotel and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I give it a 1 star rating because as a Business traveler my schedule changes often. I recently stayed at the Mecure for 4 weeks. I had reserved a room for 5 weeks but completed my business there early. I gave the front desk notice 2 weeks before my final day that I would be checking out one week early. When I went to check out I find out that I'm being charged 50 percent of the cost of my room for the 7 days I didn't stay in the hotel. This is they're "Policy" for checking out early. They're are other hotels in the area like the Royal Parc Hilton that do not charge this penalty for checking out early.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Tex19672000
Martin L, Eigenaar at Mercure Hotel Amersfoort Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Lawrence Weiner, why do you write this on TRIPADVISOR, without mentioning that you made a res for 5 weeks and decided to depart two weeks earlier although the rate was based on a 5 weeks stay? Why don't you mention that I returned you the entire early-departure charge? I appreciate your comments but I do not understand your behaviour in this as you agreed to my proposal in refunding you. You wrote me back: Thank you and I do accept this offer. It is the right thing to do. And I refunded you as I promised. Why don't you write this as well?
Regards,
Martin Lindelauf
Deal is a deal!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Martin L, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Amersfoort Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Friendly and polite at reception. The huge rooms seem to be made for giants as the doors are full height, the headboards are massive and the shower is about 1.5 x 1 metre - wow!
Hotel is about a year old and is very modern. Road noise and rail noise means you need the window closed but there is aircon.

About 10 minutes walk into old City centre. There is a shopping centre within the building.

Breakfast is 12.50 euros - fresh fruit, cereals, bacon and scrambled eggs. The cold meat and cheese is packed in plastic and didn't look too appetising. Waiter service cup of coffee which can be a bit slow. Young waiter was very friendly and had an excellent sense of humour.

Free parking and wifi.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Martin L, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Amersfoort Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear Stevi22,

Thank you for your great review and the compliments about our reception staff and breakfast waiter. Naturally, we will pass your comments on to them.
We will see to it that a next time the coffee service will be less slow. We understand the need of coffee in the morning.
Thank you for staying with us. It was a pleasure having you in our hotel.