“Tasty food beautifully presented in a cozy atmosphere”

Restaurant De Aubergerie
Reserve with
Restaurant De Aubergerie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 258 Restaurants in Amersfoort
Price range: US$44 - US$80
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We really enjoyed our 5-course meal at De Aubergerie last night. It is my partner's birthday today, so we went there to have a special pre-birthday meal. We chose the surprise menu although the main menu looked very good too. First we had two pretty looking and tasty appetizers and bread rolls with butter. Then each course followed with delicate and beautifully presented dishes. I had fish as I mentioned that I don't eat meat. My boyfriend had a combination of meat and fish dishes. He also had a specially selected wine with each course. The size of portions were small but good enough to feel satisfied after 5 courses. Some dishes were a bit too salty for my taste (even on the butter served with bread there was salt on top), but the consistency was very nice. The dessert was a light berry moose with fresh berries and raspberry juice. It was tasty and pretty but when I go out I prefer other kinds of desserts (a bit more heavy, e.g. tiramisu, cheesecakes, carrot cakes, merangues, or something chocolatie). I don't remember if the menu included any of these, but next time I'd rather choose from the menu than to be surprised. My partner's dessert came with a chocolate decoration saying Happy Birthday in Dutch which was very nice and thoughful of the staff, who by the way were really friendly, professional and attentive. Overall we had a lovely evening in a romantic atmosphere of this special restaurant of our home city.

1  Thank Olga R

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is a wonderful place. The food was excellent, in taste, amount as well as presentation. Also the service was great. We were well advised about what to eat and which wines to enjoy. All in all, a great food experience. Please visit De Aubergerie; great food, great people, great place! Many thanks!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Definitely worth to visit! Beaytiful French style food with good size portions. Clearly made with high quality incredients and tastes excellent. Very good service.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

Contemporary interior, very open and airy feel. Round tables, so great for business dinners.
We went for the three course surprise dinner with wine pairing. Food was fantastic, with perfectly cooked meats, tasty dishes. And with wines to match.

Coming back for a second round :)

2  Thank thorhansen
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Good atmosphere , great food and helpful staff. A very good place to eat and meet people - relaxed and enjoyable place.