“Great hotel, great location”

Court Hotel City Centre Utrecht
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Utrecht
Santa Barbara, CA
“Great hotel, great location”
Reviewed 24 October 2011

The Court Hotel is located in the city center near the Dom Tower and Cathedral. It is modern and comfortable with friendly helpful staff. A little long walk from the train station but well worth it. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and modern. You can't go wrong here. Excellent breakfast but not included in the price of the room. It is expensive but you get hot and cold food all you can eat. I was not aware that the room did not include breakfast but upon checkout of our three day stay the staff comped us one breakfast.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank PRJ198

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I only stayed at this hotel for one night but had a great time.
The hotel is extremely easy to find and access (a short trip from the central bus station; after you actually find the right platform – as there are 3 separated platforms: north, center and south); the room itself is large and specious and it offers a VERY comfortable double bed with crisp all-white linens (which are a pleasure to crash in to after a long trip!); beautiful interior design; great shower and bath amenities; clever dark curtain to help you sleep in late; hair dryer; lots of storing space; free wi-fi; very helpful staff (Lydia is awesome!!!).

Since I knew I'll arrive to the hotel earlier than official check-in time, I requested by email to get my room early; I was answered that they'll do their best and they did! So I got the room early and had a very well needed rest upon arrival, before going to a concert at the Tivoli that evening (which is like 4 minutes away by foot).
Would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Since I knew I'll arrive to the hotel earlier than official check-in time, I requested by email...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Utrecht
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Recently I had another amazing experience, this time in Utrecht, where we had a stayover in the best hotel of that area.. the Court Hotel! I'd love to recommend this hotel to you! If you arre looking for an informal, luxure and (child)friendly hotel, schedule a weekend in this fantastic hotel.

A few weeks ago I booked 2 rooms for a relaxing weekend in my own city, together with my girlfriend, and friends. We were overwhelmed by this hotel situated in a fantastic historical building. From checkin to checkout they absolutely made us feel an important guest for them and they were more than willing to serve us in the best way they could. We enjoyed dinner on an amazing square (price, taste and hospitality are great) in a fantastic ambiance, and appreciated the overwhelming service. This hotel does not have a standard bar and lounge, guests of the hotel are mixed with passby guests, continously there is "business".

Both rooms, were perfect. Breakfast was good. By all means, other hotels can learn from the quality we have experienced in the Court Hotel. Absolutly we will come back and tell all our friends to go there..

Room Tip: Just give them a ring our go to bookings.com
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank UtrechtGuest
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Enjoyed the modern desing of the hotel, beautiful building and pleasant location. Stayed on one of top floors - which would be recomended (less noise from the street).

Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2011

The location was great. A half block off the canals and best shopping great shopping areas. We asked for a quiet room and were given one in back. Just a little noise from restaurants. Windows are double or triple pane and can open two ways. Very quiet when they're closed. We loved listening to the carrilon concerts with the windows open and then as we walked out of the hotel. Rooms are a little odd but comfortable. Hotel has two restaurants and a nightclub. Rooms are on upper levels far from the noise. A great value!

• Stayed June 2011
Voorburg, The Netherlands
Reviewed 5 June 2011

We stayed at the Court Hotel on a Friday night. Eventhough we asked for a quiet room (not on the street side), we were kept awake at 2am by staff cleaning up after a wedding reception. I found the pillows uncomfortable so I didn't sleep well at all.
The hotel location was excellent though, it's situated right in the centre of Utrecht. The breakfast buffet was above average and better than expected.
Other than that, not a bad hotel. I especially liked the fact that we could side outside on the courtyard to drink a cool beer and eat bar snacks.

Room Tip: Book a quiet room
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nat_travel_17
Mobile,AL
Reviewed 31 May 2011

My wife and I stayed at this property for three nights earlier this month. We were very pleased with the great central location that served as an excellent base to walk around Utrecht.
Our room was clean with comfortable beds. There was ample storage space in roomy cabinets but only a small closet. Our room was very quiet despite being in the city centre. The bathroom area was well described by previous travellers. It is indeed small with no bathtub and no shower door but served our needs adequately.
There is no business center so I needed to go to the nearby public library to access the Internet and check my e-mails.
We thought that the breakfast area was clean and well maintained with varied choices. Being able to eat breakfast outside in the adjacent courtyard was much appreciated.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple