“Style”

MaS Restaurant
Price range: US$42 - US$84
Cuisines: French, European, Dutch, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Barcelona
“Style”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had a very nice 4 hour dinner with good food and wine, caring and unpretentious service in a pleasant rustic designed room.

• Visited June 2014

Helsinki, Finland
“A bit overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I went to MaS with a friend of mine in 2012. We had decided to try out MaS, which we had heard was a great place to eat out. The restaurant was not as fancy as I expected, but very cosy and warm. Our waitress was dressed quite casually, but was very friendly and polite.
The food was good, but not spectacular, in my opinion. The wine recommendations of the waitress were spot on. The best of the five small dishes I had, was the selection of cheeses. I found this a bit unfortunate, since I was really looking forward to the amazing meals I had heard so much about. Unfortunately, the visit to MaS was, to a critical visitor as I am, not that special at all. The food is very, very expensive compared to the quality. However, I was happy to pay a little bit extra for the outstanding service and the lovely atmosphere of the restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Heidi F
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

As a group of six we enjoyed our food at this small and charming restaurant. The meals are more in line for taste than volume. Offer specials, a fixed menu choice or a la carte. The service came with a smile which we appreciated. The food preparation was slow and long enough for us to notice that the next course hadn't arrived. In fact we were there for 3 hours. It wasn't particular crowded nor empty. We did book in advance.

• Visited March 2014
Genoa, Italy
“Cosy place but very small portions”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I went to MAS on a business dinner. The location is nice, in a residential area close to the city centre. The waitress was very attentive and explained the courses thoroughly. Despite that, the portions are so really small so you may feel hungry aftewards. Definitely overrated.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Chiara P
Doorn, The Netherlands
“Hidden behind the Oude Gracht”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Mas is a small restaurant which is somewhat hidden in the city centre of Utrecht.
The place is small and a little difficult to find, BUT definitally worth looking for.

The restaurant has a relaxed atmosphere and the way the menu is presented is somewhat different from the usual but the food on the menu is excellent.
The waiter who served us made suggestions for some good wine, he also suggested a white wine for our main course while we were having several meat dishes. I double checked if he was sure and after confirmation trusted the wine knowledge of the guy. That was a good bet, the wine was fantastic with the food.
We really enjoyed the whole evening, a place to come back for.

• Visited December 2013