“Worst Fridays ever!!!!”
Review of TGI Friday's

TGI Friday's
Ranked #556 of 759 Restaurants in Utrecht
Reviewed 22 June 2018

just came home after our first and last visit at this fridays in utrecht.
We have been in many tgif's around the world, but as bad as this one never again.
very poor service to start with by dwatson our waiter.
for everything we had to call him, no checking with if dinner was ok ...no nothing. my chicken burger came with a saus Ithought so .....it was a plate with soup with burger floating in it .....yak......
sorry guys maybe som of you like it, but i don't.....TG i know they are better all over the world but not in my home town.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We were there for their opening week for drinks and dessert and had a good time. The service was great and there was more than enough staff and they seemed all ready to go and super prepared.

We came back today, on Father's Day and the service and food were sadly awful. It took a long time to seat us and then they couldn't find any lunch menus while less than a quarter of the restaurant was full. Then we needed to flag down our waitress to order and the food took forever to arrive. We weren't the only table with issues, other tablets were turning around to flag people down as well. There was one bar tender, one server, and a manager working the floor on a Sunday (not to mention Father's Day). It was bad.

Then our food arrived and it was all not good. The salad was drenched in dressing. And it was the saddest salad I've ever seen that I paid almost €12 for. There was not a single thing special to it; I make better salads at home. The macaroni and cheese was nothing special. And the pulled chicken tacos were not pulled at all.

I really dislike writing this review, but it was just such a letdown. As an American I was hoping for a good memory of home, but overall it was just such a disappointment.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

The food/drink at this restaurant was mixed and quite expensive. The salmon was very good and so were the fries. The steak was very undercooked and the mojito had maybe half a mint leaf torn up in it. The service was a bit slow for it not being that crowded. The worst part about eating here was the uncomfortable heat. There are wall to ceiling windows on both sides of the restaurant essentially creating a hot box. I was so uncomfortably hot I could barely stand it. Please do something about ventilation/air conditioning because the heat was intolerable.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Had a few drinks in the bar and ordered chicken wings.
Service was slow and wings didn't have much taste. I guess it's another chain establishment that focus on quantity.
The service and friendly smile when I got there fast disappeared and was replaced with no service and no smiles. There's many other good options just meters away.

1  Thank TorAus
Reviewed 9 June 2018

I was disappointed. The menu has been adapted to local flavours. This makes TGI Fridays less different than other restaurants in NL. I loved the USA flavours.

Furthermore my favourite dish Buffalo Wings was not the same as in the USA, nor as in Dubai, Budapest where I enjoyed them as well.
1. Not as tender as I am used to. Meat should 'fall off' the bone.
2. I got 4 'wings'. Well legpart en wingpart connected together. Not as in the USA where those are separate parts en with quite some meat on it. The wingparts did have almost no meat on it.
3. I missed the celery.This is a crucial ingrediënt of the dish!!! The combination makes it special. On request we got some, that was great. But just a few small pieces for 3 persons as there was no more celery.
4. There was less Buffalo sauce on the wings.

Hope this is going to change, I would like the original dish.
If not, this is not TGI Fridays, but just a another steak restaurant. And I am afraid I will not come back.