“Very Good”

Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Utrecht
Oslo, Norway
“Very Good”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Apart from a small disturbance in the key-collection, this was a great stay. Centraly situated in a great, classic apartment building, we had a big apartment with balcony.
The apartment was all clean and neat. (They only have to do something about the drain in the shower in this apartment.)
Can clearly recomed this for all kinds of stay in Utrecht.

Room Tip: I understood it as Havaa has apartments on several locations in the city. Plompentorengracht can be...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Belize
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Every year I look so much forward to be in Utrecht again, and one of the reasons is because of my stay at Havaa Apartments!
This time, I stayed in a beautiful apartment, located at the Oudegracht 116C. The location couldn't be better as I had an amazing view over the canal, and the apartment was within walking distance of shops, the train station and the Jaarbeurs.
It has two spacious bedrooms, a very large and very nicely designed living room with open kitchen and a gorgeous bathroom. The quality of linen, towels, coffee maker, dishes, etc. are perfect! The apartment has everything you need for making your stay comfortable!
Will I stay there for a 5th time? YES and my booking for 2015 has already been made! :)
Thank you again Nico and Havaa Team for a perfect stay!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Strathaven:Scotland
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We stayed a couple of nights in the penthouse on Jansstraat. We were visiting Utrecht for the first time and given that my son will be spending the next two years at Utrecht University, we were looking for an apartment that we could return to regularly during those two years. Firstly the positives. The roof garden is awesome and provides fabulous views over the Dom tower and the cathedral. And a front seat for the lightshow as the Dom Tower illuminates at night. But the full glass roof on the main bedroom is a bit of a let down because unless you can sleep in a greenhouse and in greenhouse temperatures forget ever being able to open the full length blinds .And I don't get why the flat has two kitchens. All in all the apartment just seems badly designed and curiously devoid of any character;it just doesn't feel like any kind of home from home. I don't really know what more to say other than we will not be rushing back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Alistair R
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I stayed in the appartment at F.C. Dondersstraat 15B for 15 days and I have to say it was great value for money deal. There is nothing missing in the appartment and the location is very goog and quiet not far from city center. Moreover the professional approach of Havaa team was just amazing and very professional. I had a lot of assistane from agency during my stay. Nothing was a problem for Nico a Luuk.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the penthouse (4 of us) and had a lovely pleasant stay. The place was clean, warm and beautifully finished. Only downside was the stairs up, they are very steep and twisty which makes bringing a suitcase up difficult, unsuitable for the elderly or anybody who struggles with mobility. I am not sure if we simply couldn't work it but there was meant to be a convection microwave( I think ours was a regular one) if you're planning to cook just check this out. It seems this was formally two apartments converted into one suit which explains the two desperate shower rooms and desperate toilet. Whilst it seems a bit odd it honestly wasn't a problem in the slightest for us. I'd certainly use these again. P.s the balcony/ terrace is superb

• Stayed February 2013
Belize
Reviewed 20 January 2013

As said before I was going to stay again in an apartment from Havaa, as my college and I were in Utrecht again for attending the Vakantiebeurs.
This year I stayed in such a beautiful apartment, Oude Gracht 116a, and enjoyed it so much that it was hard to leave.
The service from Havaa is very professional and pleasant. Nico and his team make sure that when you arrive, someone is waiting for you to great you at the apartment. Show you around, making sure that all is arranged for you.
The apartment itself was amazing. Newly renovated, with all the luxury you have at home, the apartment was also in a perfect location, within walking distance of shops, restaurants and the Jaarbeurs.
Nico and Havaa Team, thanks again for my wonderful stay! As you know we already have booked our stay for 2014 and cannot wait to see you again.
Warm Regards,
Sandra

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
NH
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed in the penthouse apartment for four nights. First, you need to know there is no elevator. Lifting our luggage up the narrow stairs was a challenge. The Penthouse has two separate bedrooms, two showers plus a toilet. It actually had two cooking areas as well. The bedroom with the glass roof was neat, however in the summer, it could proof to be a greenhouse. It took some time to cool down in the evening before it's comfortable for sleeping. The terrace was nice and offered a spectacular view of the Dom. Checking in was easy and they let us in early in the morning. We had no issue with cleanliness as some other reviewers reported.

The location is convenient. Do note that due to proximity to bars, it was quite noisy into early morning. We found the neighborhood and the city itself quietest in the morning from 6am - 11am.

We enjoyed the church bells and the carillon music.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family