“Visit over the Koningdag weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ibis Utrecht

Ibis Utrecht
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Utrecht
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Visit over the Koningdag weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed here over the weekend of the King's day holiday.
I had previously stayed in the NH Hotel and it is a more luxurious option. However, the ibis represents far better value for money.

Checking in was excellent and simple, the young lady was helpful and asked about a number of services I might want without prompting. It was a very friendly welcome. I have number of friends in the city so didn't get the opportunity to eat in the Restaurant.

I have a mobility problem so the bus stop immediately outside the hotel was very convenient and took you to the Jaarbusplein side of Utrecht Centraal Station.

Most nights I came back to the hotel by taxi which was a reasonable Eu11-12 from the City Centre.

The room was clean if a little small and very well served. Cleaning staff were very friendly. There only being one lift was a bit of a nuisance at breakfast time, but that really is a #firstworldproblem.

Breakfast offered cereals, juices, Continental Breakfasts, fruit, Yoghurt and Scrambled eggs and bacon for the Brits. The food was good and plentiful. For those not familiar with the appliances, toaster and coffee machine, it could be difficult to work out. Again the staff were friendly.

I will be back because I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
IbisUtrecht, General Manager at Ibis Utrecht, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Big_Phall,

We can only thank you for your words and take them to a team meeting to make everyone as happy as I am now.

This was the first King's day in years, so you had a very good timing. You can also try to come once in the winter to see our beautiful city and hotel in the christmas atmosphere.

I wish you all the best and hope to see you soon again,

Kind regards,

Ozgur Eylen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights on our visit to Holland. We have no complaints about our room which had a lovely view over the canal and the houseboats so always something to watch. It was clean, comfortable and simple which is what one would expect in an Ibis hotel. The hotel itself was nicely laid out and decorated and the dining/breakfast room had a good view of the main street so again , always something to see. The staff were very pleasant and helpful and seemed knowledgeable when we had any queries re trains etc. There is ample free parking.
You can walk into Utrecht centre along the canal behind the hotel which takes about 30 minutes but there is a good bus service directly outside which takes only about 10 minutes to the train station, bus station and the centre. If you walk there are a lot of roadworks to negotiate but hopefully they will be finished in the not too distant future. But it's a pretty walk with a windmill and ice houses and houseboats to see.
Breakfast was ample and varied so no complaints there either. We only ate in the hotel restaurant once during our stay and we had the 10 euro special and it was very nice. I have to say that we thought the a la carte menu expensive with not a lot of choice but I think that is the norm for chain hotels.
So, all in all, a very good place to stay and we would certainly stay there again if in that part of the world.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
IbisUtrecht, General Manager at Ibis Utrecht, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Valamac,

It is always a great pleasure to receive good reviews. I have read your comments to my colleagues just a few minutes ago and you could see how happy there were and felt satisfied with their work as well. It makes us a better team! Thank you for that.
I am also very happy to read that you were able to enjoy our beautiful city and its surroundings. All the road works you point at will be finished in next year and Utrecht will be ready for the summer again. So we are hoping to see you next spring / summer again. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel.
Greetings from Utrecht,

Ozgur Eylen
Ibis Utrecht
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

The hotel is very nice in the lobby. Staff is also nice, excluding some of the restaurant staff that was really not nice at all!! The room itself id VERY VERY simple, and also very small. the badroom look very old. However everything was clean. Nice breakfeast and OK location, with good public transportation access.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
IbisUtrecht, General Manager at Ibis Utrecht, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for you review and the positive points therein. I have shared your feedback concerning staff in the restaurant with the department and my apologies that the service was not suitable . I hope when next in Utrecht we will have the opportunity to welcome you again, enabling us to provide you with the service level you may expect fom us.
Sincere regards
HelenMills
Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Rooms are old and a bit dated but clean, comfortable and OK. Restaurant has very little choice but the food is OK. The abr is small and only has One draft beer but it's OK. Staff are friendly and professional. All in all this is an OK hotel. Nothing special but nothing much wrong with it either.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
IbisUtrecht, General Manager at Ibis Utrecht, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for your review concerning your stay with us. Pleasing to read the room was clean and comfortable, as the rooms were renovated in 2010 and we placed new beds in all the rooms in 2012. As far as the bar concerned we have three taps in the bar and I have spoken to our bar staff to ensure that ther is therefore always three draft beers available. Thank you for your feedback, and I hope you again choose Ibis Utrecht when next here.
Kind regards
Generla Manager
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights with my son. Had never used Ibis before but i booked it online and thought we give it a try. It turned out to be a lovely hotel with clean rooms and modern facilities. Our room was on the fifth floor and we had a lovely view too.i tried the breakfast. It could have been a more adventurous as i thought the choices were a bit limited. But again thats me! Location wise its about 5 minutes maximum on bus no 25 to city centre so its very handy. The wifi was free with no limit. Will i recommend it?yes as i have booked it again for 21st March. A big thank you to all the staff. Very professional and friendly. Well done.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your very positive review, I really appreciate you taking the time to give such a review. Indeed I have shared this with all th e staff, and we look forward to your next visit. Thank you again
San Felice del Benaco, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Basic yet comfortable hotel which is just a 5 minute drive from the train station. We walked there when we arrived in Utrecht, it took 25-30 minutes along the canal from Centraal. We took a bus in the evening back to the centre, the bus stop is just outside the hotel and took 5 minutes back to the station - it cost €2.60 per person. A taxi to return in the evening was only €9 so if there are more than 3 of you it would work out cheaper. Food is served until 10pm, they appeared to have a good selection on offer, and the bar is open until 1am.
The room was basic but good, comfortable bed and free wifi is provided.
The staff were very friendly and welcoming. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
IbisUtrecht, General Manager at Ibis Utrecht, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
I was very pleased to receive your positive review, thank you very much. When next here you may like to visit the neighbourhood on the other side of the canal with multicultural shops and restaurants, worth a stroll or eating out.
I do hope that we are again your hotel of choice for you next visit and I look forward to welcoming you again to Ibis Utrecht
Kind regards