“Quiet location, simple and complete”

Hotel Oorsprongpark
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Utrecht
Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

Rooms are a little small but have everything you need. Wireless did not work for two days but otherwise breakfast and service was good. Would return again when next in town. Try a walk around the Dom when visiting.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank CanadaAustria

Reviewed 29 June 2012

when going to Netherlands on business trip during the week, I decided to go to Utrecht - nice small town just 30 min by train from Amsterdam/Schiphol airport.
chose the hotel directly on the way to Utrecht by Internet - found it best for price/feedbacks ratio.
Nice small hotel, friendly portier - however if you come for 1 or 2 nights, it's quite far from city center (30 min walk). I like walking - but if you like sightseeing, 1 hour walk from and to hotel can be a little bit dissapointing,
Ideal if you want to have a short break in a park - it's just near it.
no negatives vs room - everything working, nice view, wi-fi without problem.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Lionya24
Reviewed 11 May 2012

This hotel, located in a pretty vibrant area has a great breakfast, beautiful river flowing behind the hotel and nice service.
The room I was in (7) was very very small, not so clean but had all the basic necessities.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 10 December 2011

we visited hotel ouwi for 2 nights in june 2006 with my partner as most of amsterdam hotels were booked.Reachable by public transport or you can even walk to utrecht central station,it is quite a nice walk actually,will take you about 35 mins.Lots of stairs.Room was very narrow but still felt adequate,comfy beds and everything was clean.Breakfast was OK but basic and the eggs smelt a bit off. Very friendly and helpful staff.comfy bed and decent rates,i would definitely recommend this place to anyone,as long as you dont have mobility issues and dont expect luxury,this is a solid 2 stars.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Was in Utrecht for business and decided to go for a cheaper option as a test (and to save my company some ££$$). After reading some reviews I settled on Oorsprongpark and I'm glad I did.

LIKED:
The hotel was *spotlessly* clean. Give your cleaners a pay rise, Oorsprongpark!
I didn't so much as see a speck of dirt on the floor in my room or *any* of the common areas of the hotel.

Basic but filling breakfast. Coffee from a machine - not so nice - but lots of warm bread and (best of all!) Chocolate Hagelslag! Go Dutch! Spread some butter on the toast, pour on the sprinkles and off you go.

My room was very small but sufficient for one person. The bed was nice and I liked that there was an extra pillow in the cupboard. Shower was great, and my room had a shelf toilet (BONUS!), which I haven't seen since I lived in Eastern Europe in a post-communist flat.

ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT:
I arrived late (I had warned the hotel I would - make sure you do so!) and had to ring the front doorbell three times before a just woken-up chap let me in. I am glad they have the front door locked, but just be aware you may need to ring and ring.

The wifi in my room on the second floor was very weak and virtually not useable. To do some work, I went down to the common room where it was fine.

For the price and the facilities, this is definitely recommended!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 April 2011

This hotel is pretty well located between the trainstation and the university of Utrecht. The bus stop is close, but the hotel is quiet. The rooms are small and have no frills. Unfortunately, the rooms are a bit noisy, so you might hear your room neighbor talking on the phone. The rooms are equipped with a bed (pretty soft matress), small table, small closet and an old TV. Although I ordered shared bathroom, I did get my own. This might be common politics of the hotel. The breakfast is ok, but not superb. This might also be related to the lack of food culture in Holland.

Internet is available for free.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2010

I spent three nights in Utrecht, staying in the Oorsprongpark and quite liked it. Not for everyone, as it has very steep stairs to the rooms and no elevator, but it had everything I required: reliable wi-fi, a tv and ensuite bathroom.

It was a small room (I booked a single, as it was just myself), which is what I am used to in the Netherlands, and by no means the smallest I have staid in. My room faced the rear of the building and had a window and balcony (well, fire escape, actually) that overlooked a grassy park and waterway.

The hotel is in a quiet location, but easy and quick to reach by bus (which is a big plus, as I tend to get lost easily looking for Dutch addresses). The city center is an easy walk once you figure out the lay of the land, and I used public transport to get to many of the must-see attractions (Dom tower, etc)

Staff were helpful and professional, and the Euro-style breakfast is very good (cold meats, toasts, hard-boiled eggs and a good range of condiments and spreads). The dining area is pretty large, with nice tables to sit at while planning the day ahead.

The neighborhood is nice, with a park across the main road, a transit stop close by, a restaurant on the corner of the block that seems very popular (I couldn't get a table the night I tried to go, as it was packed) and a great snack stand a couple of doors down from the Oorsprongpark.

A pleasant coffeeshop called the Culture Boat is moored on a canal not far away, visitors can enjoy mellowing out while boats of sightseers and parties float by; and the whole thing is virtually in the shadow of an enormous, Gothic-looking prison which is apparently still in use. Atmospheric!

I recommend the Oorsprongpark, more for leisure travelers than business because of it distance from downtown. While it isn't the best price in the city, its reasonable, well-run and clean.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo