Bastion Hotel Utrecht
US$132
US$117
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewspark rideaverage star hotelfree car parkrestaurant downstairsfriendly personnelsecure parkingbusy roadreception staffkey cardhot waterrooms are nicecentre of townquiet areaten minutesbus stoptop floorcentral station
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night, on Tues 07 May 2013, on a business trip.

To get to this hotel you can take the tram from the city centre, so the journey is easy, once you know which tram to take and where to get off the tram ! My suggestion is to ask the hotel in advance for the tram route number and (before you leave home) look on Google Street view to view the location where the hotel is located, so you know where to get off the tram.

The hotel does indeed have an electrified fence (around the perimeter) and electrically operated gates. I assume that this is for security reasons during the night. When I was there, I had checked in to the hotel in the afternoon and went in to Utrecht centre during the evening for dinner. I had no problem getting back in to the hotel at about 11pm, despite the electric gates being shut. There is an intercom system, so you can speak to the person at Hotel Reception and ask for the gate to be opened.

I would describe this hotel as an average 3 star hotel. The only reason that I stayed there was because it was close to the two venues where I was attending meetings.

The breakfast was good. The bedroom / bathroom were good. But if you are expecting a hairdryer in the bedroom / bathroom, you may be disappointed.

Would I stay here again? If I have a business meeting at the same location near to this hotel, yes.

Room Tip: On a floor as high above ground level as possible, so as to minimise traffic noise if you open the bedroon window.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Utrecht, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our associates in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

yes, it's out of the city center but that isn't such a bad thing. it was simple and clean with a great area to work adjacent to the dining area. The hotel was secondary to the staff--great people. It was the first time I'd laughed in the week I'd been in the Netherlands.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Utrecht, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you left on Tripadvisor. We try to meet the expectations of our guests and I believe we did achieve this.

I hope to meet you again at our hotel in Utrecht.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

As the hotel is a bit to of town I took the bus from Utrecht Central and had a few hundred metres still to the hotel. One is greeted with a chain link fence...you have to buzz to get in. Once in side cars and people are 'safe' as the fence goes around everything. I asked about the fence but no one really provided an answer...what does it say about the area! Initially the staff was fine and the room was adequate. (Single standard) I was on the 6th floor and thought the view was nice. The house keeping staff was pleasant as was the maintenance workers. Breakfast was in a nice room with lots of windows and the food was fine for being a continental breakfast. When checking out and leaving I did not find the staff overly helpful or cared much...little conversation, and little personality. I will probably find a more central hotel next trip.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Utrecht, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

Reviewed 25 January 2013

Yesterday I stopt at the hotel for a drink. I walked in past the reception and asked the man if it was possible to just have à drink. Sure hè said and asked me to take à seat. I got cosy around the fireplace. As I tried to make eyecontact with one of the three staffmembers, off which one was allready Dressed in personal clothes but still behind THE counter-not done- no one saw me. THE boy started folding serviettes and THE girls were talking so loud about there private lives That I Could follow there conversation from 40 meters away. Finally, after 40 minutes!! I got so irritated That I Walked to THE bar to ask for à cappuccino myself. I was in à Hurry by now because I had à meeting so I went to THE bar to pay. As I asked for THE Bill THE girl Walked away and vanished into the kitchen, without exucing herself, to after That lay à table very slowly. What happend to THE payment priority and guest satisfaction?

while i was waiting for my drink i Also heared à telephone conversation between à guest and THE receptionist. obviously THE guest was having trouble with THE tv in his room, THE receptionist was not making an effort to help him, instead she Told THE guest to Send an email, which THE guest was not Able to, so That was just bad luck for THE guest i suppose.

very bad service!!

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank amandasma
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Utrecht, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Reviewed 8 January 2013

The location is depressing and remote, the rooms are very basic, the food is dreadful. Service is ok. I'd recommend looking for another hotel. We also used the conferencing facilities, which were completely devoid of fresh air.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Seth_ams
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Utrecht, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2013