“A place to have cocktails”
Review of Zussen

Zussen
Reserve with
Zussen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #414 of 595 Restaurants in Utrecht
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Neude Janskerkhof en Domplein
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
“A place to have cocktails”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I've been in Zussen several times, and what I can say for sure is that the cocktails are very well made and the price for cocktails is fair. However if you want to get a glass of wine or snack to bite, this is not the best place to go in Utrecht. The quality is rather low and the service is poor.

They have time to time live elect music and the ambient is young and nice.

• Visited February 2014

• Polish first
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“ok lunch but far from being my first choice”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The staff was not attentive at all. The place is a bit disco-like, which is weird for lunch. The location is good. Food was ok but nothing special but there was a bit more choice than some other places. We asked for dark bread and we got white bread...

• Visited January 2014
Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Australia
“Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My sister who lives in The Netherlands took me here as we are also "Sisters" as the name "Zussen" says and I loved the fact it was next door to a restaurant called "Brothers". Apparently they are related.
The service was pleasant and fairly fast. It was lunch time and there seemed to be many people in the restaurant.
I had a ceasar salad with mint tea and my sister had croquettes with coffee. The salad was quite large and very tasty. My sister also loved her croquettes.
The interior decor is very interesting and worth a look. You can also sit outside but we found it charming to be inside.

• Visited October 2013
Spain
“Not for eating”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I went with my family for lunch so I cannot comment on the cocktail options. We found the service really poor. They also made a mistake with our order and then twice with the bill! The food was suprisingly small (sandwiches) with limited choice. All in all not a place for eating. The shakes were good so maybe it is a better place for drinking.

• Visited October 2013
Galway, Ireland
“Trendy interior - decent lunch...”
Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

We stopped in here for a bite to eat during a tourist wander. The darkish interior is pretty impressive (purple bathrooms and giant lampshade anyone?!) and gives the impression of a trendy cocktail bar. It seems however Zussen is moreso a lunch venue, we had a club sandwich was was really quite tasty. Nice selection of beers and good service.