“Very good hotel for that price”

Amadore Hotel Restaurant Arneville
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Middelburg
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I paid 75 eur and got a great room, large, clean and comfortable. Stayed there 1 night and ate at the restaurant of the hotel which is quite good but rather expensive. The breakfast is ok for the Netherlands. Don't expect a big choice of breads but indeed choose between the many juices. The service was nice and you can use internet for free.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 October 2012

Very convenient to the City Centre, 10 minutes walk at most. Comfortable rooms and veyr helpfull staff. Lots of free parking. The rooms while comfortable feel in need of a rehab, door locks don't work very well.

Room Tip: Car park or main road, that's your choice!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Stayed here for one nights whilst touring Holland. The location is good as it's just a 10 minute easy walk to the centre of Middelburg .
The room was clean and comfortable and ok for the one night stay.
Breakfast was good with a good range of breads, meat, cheese, fruit etc.
Parking is free,

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We have just returned from a two night stay (Friday and Saturday nights). We booked two separate rooms (one mature couple, one couple in their thirties). The hotel is in a good location, with a private car park and within easy walking distance (10 minutes) of the centre. We were on the first floor. The rooms were adequate but not as large as some other Best Western Hotels we have stayed in. I would give the rooms 3* and the restaurant 4*

Thanks to a previous reviewer on Trip Advisor, I knew to ask at reception for a tea/coffee tray, complete with kettle and this was provided for both rooms without any trouble. However, I don't know why trays are not automatically provided. We didn't use the mini bar but from previous experience we checked the contents on arrival (so as not to be charged for items we had not used). There were a couple of bottles missing and when we reported this to the receptionist, she made a note and they were replaced immediately.

There was plenty to eat for breakfast with a selection of hot and cold food and endless refills of fruit juice, tea and coffee etc. On one of the evenings, we ate in the restaurant (Chez Raymonde) and the food was absolutely delicious.

Overall, we had a very enjoyable visit to Middelburg and would use the hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask at reception for a tea/coffee tray
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I stayed two nights in the best Western Amadore Hotel Arneville, the foyer is cool but welcoming as were the reception staff, check in was quick and painless, I was given room 011 on the ground floor, the outside temperature being 30 degrees the temperature in the room was only slightly less, however the room did have a big window that could be opened, the only downside being that when I left the room I had to shut the window for fear of having my belongings stolen, the bed was enormous, the biggest bed I’ve ever seen, it took up the whole room with very little space left for the guest, there was just enough room for me to sit at the desk with my computer, however, during the night I awoke to realise that it was two beds shoved together and I was suspended in the space I had made between them in a hammock of sheets, however when I discovered the what was going on I slept quite well on one bed or the other.

The bathroom was well equipped with all the usual toiletries and a disposable face cloth, which was a new one on me, the only problem was a slight smell of cat urine that was quite unpleasant.

I had lunch and dinner in the hotel restaurant, for lunch I had Tagliatelle with Salmon in a cream sauce & a white beer, both excellent. At dinner I plumped for 6 oysters, steak medallions with stroganoff sauce & a white lady ice cream. The oysters are kept in a tank in the foyer and I assume opened as and when ordered, they were delicious and not as salt as our home grown variety, the steak was just as I had ordered it (medium rare) it came with new potatoes, vegetables and French fries, again all delicious as was the ice cream, all were well presented and served with a friendly smile from Janette, all the staff were very conscience of their role and asked several times if everything was okay and if there was anything more they could do.

All in all it was a pleasant experience I have no qualms in recommending the hotel to others.

Room Tip: In hot weather ask for a room on the first floor to allow you to open the windows.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We booked this hotel last minute and got a special "deal of the day" price from a booking site. The hotel was comfortable but not worth the 4* rating that it claims it has.

The room was clean, but there were little annoyances that were noticeable. The key card entry to the room was temperamental, the "double bed" was 2 single beds put together with a double bed mattress on the top - all very well until the beds separate in the middle of the night!! The extractor fan in the bathroom only worked when it wanted to...

Having said all that, the hotel location was well suited for us - a 10 minute walk and we were in the centre of Middelburg. We were able to park our car for no extra cost which made a huge difference as other hotels were wanted to charge more for cars....

Overall the hotel was inoffensive and worth the money that we paid for it, but if I was paying full price I think I would be slightly disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zomba1986
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We recently stayed here for 2 nights for an attractive price (special deal). The center of Middelburg is about 10 minutes walk.

The employees the hotel are very friendly (reception and person at breakfast). We had breakfast here which was good. Several breads, pastries, eggs, bacon, fruit, etc. Good coffee too.

The room was smallish, the bathroom had a good size.

All in all a good stay, right for the price we paid.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dutchfemale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middelburg
Van der Valk Hotel Middelburg
#7 of 10 in Middelburg
Hotel aan de Dam
Hotel aan de Dam
#3 of 10 in Middelburg

Been to Amadore Hotel Restaurant Arneville? Share your experiences!