“Short stroll to the city centre”

Hampshire Hotel - Delft Centre
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Delft
Budapest
“Short stroll to the city centre”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is a modern hotel very close to the old city and close also to the wonderful view painted by Vermeer(?) of one of the city's gates. There is little character about the hotel but everything is fine. The staff are friendly, the rooms spacious and comfortable, and the breakfast of a good standard ....but perhaps lacking at busy times as things run out. The coffee machines ..self service...are a bottleneck, the juices are 100% but not fresh, and the croissant suppy does not keep up with demand. Nevertheless there is a bountiful supply. The hotel does serve evening meals in the large room used for breakfast but the capacity seems very limited and is slow if numbers build up. This is not a problem as the large square in the middle of Delft is a ten minute walk away with some excellent restaurants offering a huge choice anyway. We stayed at this hotel as our base for touring around Holland and would stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of te hotel offer the best views over the city
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Janine H, Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Delft Centre, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for writing about our hotel. We are working on the little problems you mentioned. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Team Hampshire Hotel Delft Centre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Fort Mitchell, Kentucky
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Great location near the center of Delft. Walking distance to bars, restaurants and shopping. Bit of a walk to the train station. Across the street from parking. Hotel bar and restaurant were very nice.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Leon C, Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Delft Centre, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your compliments.
Probably it took you about 20 minutes to walk to the trainstation. There is also a bus stop right outside the hotel. Perhaps this is something to consider on your next visit.

Seaford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This is a new and very attractive building within a few minute's walk of the centre of Delft. The rooms on the west side have a wonderful view over the skyline of the city, with its spires clearly visible. The higher you are, the better the view.

The breakfast bar was as good as any I have encountered in Holland, though the staff were a little hard-pressed at times when two coach parties were about to leave at the same time. I enjoyed sitting by the window, looking down at a fine weeping willow tree and the ducks in the water below.

The rooms were comfortable and well furnished. As far as I am concerned, it is good NOT to have a minibar. It all looked clean and well maintained to me, but my wife pointed out areas which had not been dusted for a while, and other members of our party also commented on dust.

If I return to Delft, I will insist on this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the west side, as high as you can get, for wonderful views.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Leon C, Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Delft Centre, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
The housekeeping will pay special attention to the dust. We hope to see you soon in Delft.

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The hotel is located right outside the centre, a mere 4-5 minute walk from the main square with townhall and church, 10 minutes from the train station, and 10-15 minutes from Delft University of Technology. The rooms were clean and everything provided was functioning perfectly (shampoo, dental kit, soap, towels in the bathroom, television, WIFI/cable internet, coffee, tea, and water cooker in the living part). I liked the touch with quotes and stuff from artists in the rooms, and how this theme is carried on throughout the hotel (wallpaper, posters, and the "swing" restaurant). Breakfasts were great and had wide choice. The offer of food for (evening) dinner is good and value for money. Service overall was very good, the staff was very friendly and helpful. I had to change my reservation several times and always received promptly and fast answer from the management. Note that for parking you have to use the public parking garage nearby (100 m) which will incur extra cost. Will definitely take this hotel again if I go to Delft again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Leon C, Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Delft Centre, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear sir/madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay in our hotel. We appreciate your positive feedback and hope to welcome you in the historic city of Delft another time.

Hampshire Hotel Delft Centre
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is a great hotel Good customer serviceMy room was immaculate and the bed massive and one of the best i have had the privilege to sleep in.Plenty of choice for breakfast and tasty.Delft center is within easy reach on foot.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Leon C, Public Relations Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Delft Centre, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear sir/madam,

Thank you so much for review. We are looking forward to welcome you for your next stay in the beautiful city of Delft.

Kind regards,
Team Hampshire Hotel Delft centre
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Honestly, I’m the least complaining person, but I seriously think the owners of this hotel must do something about it!
It’s such a pity the cleaning was so appalling, because the hotel is very new and nice looking on the surface, but the cleaning was dreadful! Also the location is great, but BELIEVE me! You’ll definitely find a 2-star B&B (or even a Hostel) that would certainly be cleaner than the Hampshire Hotel in Delft!
I had an interview at Delft University, and I decided to treat myself to a 3-day break in this lovely city, so instead of choosing an alternative cheaper accommodation, I thought I’ll try for what seemed to be one of the best options in the city…. Well! BIG MISTAKE! And I’m really sad to say this, because al members of the staff were kind, but really the cleaning staff is either extremely rushed to finish their job (in which case they don’t do it properly at all) or they are just trying to get away with ‘murder’ almost, and here is the story:
The night I arrived, the room seemed clean at a first glance… but once I opened the bathroom door, I could smell ‘urine’, hence the toilet hasn’t been cleaned. I decided to ignore that and not make a fuss, but when I wanted to get into bed, I lifted the cover of the bed, to find a very wrinkly set of bed sheets and worst of all it was full of hair! That was the most disgusting thing...I complained then, and a guy came to check the room and he agreed with me, the bedroom hasn’t been cleaned at all!
They apologised and then offered me an upgrade, and I thought, oh! That’s great! …WRONG! The new room wasn’t much better either, but I’m glad that at least the bed sheets were clean, because I didn’t want to complain again! But when I tried to drink a glass of water I found that ALL glasses and coffee cups where covered with some kind of white mould! And the ‘coffee station’ hasn’t been re-filled at all! There were just a few sachets of sugar… no coffee or tea bags at all…. Not that I could drink them anyway, since all the cups were in an awful!

There is more…. But I’ll leave the story there, I really have work to do, but this experience was so disappointing that I really need it to share it, since they really should do something about maintaining that hotel, because otherwise they’re just ripping people off!

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel... choose another place hoping that it'll be clean!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Diana W
leon c, Guest Relations Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Delft Centre, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear sir/madam,
it is a pity for sure that your stay in our hotel was such a disappointment.
A perfect location, but bad cleaning.
We have apologised for that occurrence and apologise again now.
We took an effort to make new arrangements at that time, but we regretfully dindn't succeed to amend your feelings.
Your advice about not maintaining our hotel is however in our view an exaggerated reaction.
We do understand that from your emotion at that time.
But in does not reflect the general opinion of our many satisfied guests.
Nevertheless, thanks for your criticism, and we hope you will come to our hotel and our beuatifull city of Delft some time in the future.
If you would like to have contact with our management, you can contact Rogier Camijn; you can use the emailadress on www.hoteldelftcentre.nl

Team Hampdshire Hotel delft Centre
netherlands
Reviewed 8 September 2013

the hotel is great,good service,good rooms(with coffee &tea).i realy enjoy the bath!with luxury stuff,like shamppo etc.,yummie breaksfast(lots of choice in bread,fruits,juices etc)nearby the citycentre!delft is a great city!

Room Tip: how higher you get how nicer the view,especially facing the city!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear sir/madam,
What can we say more: "good, great, best". And tastefull breakfasts. We appreciate your kind comments on our hotel, our personell and our services; and last but nut least our beautifull city of Delft. We hope to welcome you a next time.