“I fell in love with Delft as a wonderful base to explore South Holland”
Review of Hotel Coen Delft

Hotel Coen Delft
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Delft
Reviewed 20 May 2011

We stayed here for a week and really explored Delft before we started going further afield on a couple of day trips to other places.
We liked our attic room with its beams, space and lovely bathroom. Pity the downstairs sitting room was not a more pleasant area -- it had rather startling decor and it just wasn't comfortable.
Great breakfast! Except on the Sunday when the staff member never turned up and we had to go through the snow and ice to the main square.
Incredibly handy location to the station, especially in snow and ice. Also handy to the tram which goes all the way to Scheveningen through the centre of Den Haag.
The staff were really helpful and friendly.
This experience of the hotel was better than my husband's experience on a previous visit, when his passport was stolen from his room.
There was free internet, but it certainly wasn't as fast as our cable connection at home.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the back.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SarieM

Reviewed 9 April 2011

This is a small hotel in an older building. It is literally across the street from the Delft train station. So, if you get a room facing the train station, you will hear the trains. More annoyingly, during the day you will hear people playing music in the underpass to the train station. I spent an hour in my room preparing for a meeting and the guy playing a continuous loop of 3 pieces on the accordion was driving me crazy.
The rooms are small, particularly the "small single" rooms - they are truly tiny, but there is a certain charm there and everything is very efficient, including the free WiFi.
The staff are friendly and the breakfast is just adequate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the train station.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank freqtrav17
Reviewed 15 June 2009

I am a single traveller on my way home from work - transitting via Amsterdam and decided to visit Delft for 1 day.

The objective was to find a reasonable place to stay in Delft since I planned to tour Delft most of the day. I am happy to say that I've met my objective at Hotel Coen for €79 per night. (single room). The hotel is just next to the train station, which is very convenient. The hotel has a small but nice lobby. I requested a room not facing the train station - so, didn't hear anything at night. Not sure about the rooms facing the station though. The single room is good enough for 1 person. The bed is comfy. The bathroom/shower is clean. I am happy with the room condition.

They have free WiFi if you bring your laptop. If not, there's a desktop downstairs where you can check your email etc.

Cannot comment on breakfast as I didn't have one at the hotel.

The hotel is about 10 minutes walk from the main attractions in the city. Delft is a small city, so no problem with getting around the city center.

Overall, I am satisfied with the stay at Hotel Coen.

Recommend this hotel for: budget or average travellers. Suitable also for business travellers.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2008

Have just returned from a short break to the beautiful town of Delft and stayed at this hotel which was close to the train station so very handy. The hotel was comfortable & the staff very friendly, cannot comment on the breakfast as we did not eat in the Hotel. The beds were very comfortable, all toiletries provided and a TV in the room. The hotel had a lift to all floors, but one step at the front door. The furnishings were basic & the carpets a little stained, but I thought the hotel was good value. We found the room was quiet & had no disturbance from the trains, I would definately stay again if I am lucky enough to return to Delft one day.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zip026
Reviewed 18 November 2007

A pleasant hotel right next to Delft Railway station. The noise of the trains was not too intrusive but we had a room facing onto the side. It may be more apparent if you had a front facing room. It is about a 10 minute walk into the centre of Delft from the hotel. The rooms were clean and tidy but I found the lighting a bit darker than I'm used to. Also the twin beds were very close together. I would have liked a cabinet or someting separating them. It was very easy to roll into the person next to you unintentionally in the night because of this. The bathroom/toilet was clean and quite big and a door in there led out onto a patio which would be useful in the Summer. The breakfasts were adequate and the hotel had a small bar with internet access on one of the tables. I would stay here again as it is in a convenient location with friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tanglefoot201
Reviewed 30 October 2007

Great little hotel right near the train station (you could literally see it coming!). don't know what other reviewers are talking about with noise as I stayed on the opposite side and it was very quiet. Very clean and the staff were very nice. My only advice would be to skip the breakfast. For 12 euros its really not much and you could get yourself something much tastier in town before you visit the Churches!

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank Cam79
Reviewed 17 September 2007

The Hotel Coen Delft is located just behind the train station. When exiting the station through the main hall just turn left and follow the passageway under the train tracks. The hotel is just in front of you.

We were given a room at the back of the hotel so the trains didn’t really bother us.
Our room was really spacious and even had a small terrace. There was a bath and a shower in the bathroom. Both room and bathroom were really clean.

Breakfast was a real feast! There was homemade bread, eggs, bacon, donuts, cereal, yoghurt and plenty more. You won’t leave the hotel starving!

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Upon check-out they discovered our travel agent made a mistake in calculating our price. They made no problem of it. We paid the original price.

In conclusion: the Hotel Coen Delft is a small (40 rooms) hotel, ideally located when travelling by train. Delft itself is a charming city with plenty to see and do.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business