“Would visit again” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Delft
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Would visit again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2009

Travelled in March to this hotel after reading reviews on TA staying 3nights in a superior room. First floor room with large bay window overlooking the canal outside not 5* but you are only paying a 3/4* rate.
The hotel is easy to find from the train station and is only a 5min walk to the main square of the town.
Breakfast is excellent, a self sevice buffet of fruit juices,fresh fruit boiled eggs,cooked meats,fish, cheese and fresh bread and sometimes a hot dish.
Delft was quiet in March but found some excellent restaurants especially the Wagg restaurant and La Cantina mexican restaurant which were both more expensive than what we expected but this was down to the current exchange rate of the euro/£
If we ever visited Delft again we would have no hesitation to stay at this hotel again

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
Devon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2009

This was a delightful hotel, very well situated away from the crowds, but within walking distance of the sights in Delft. The room we had was comfortable and functional, but did not pretend to be luxurious in any way. The staf were consistently polite and helpful, and the wide range of choice at breakfast was an added bonus.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Coto de Caza, Ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2009

Hotel Leeuwenbrug is in an excellent location in Delft. A few short blocks from the train station and town center. It is located on a beautiful canal in the heart of all the action. My wife and I stayed there for 3 nights in September.

The hotel room we stayed in was fairly large, we paid extra to book it, but it was located on a side street on the first floor, so that people walking by could look in. When we tried to change to another room, the manager would not let us. Breakfast which is included in the rate was excellent.

The staff was helpful, but the male manager (forget his name) was extremely rude, He started out by not letting us move to another room. The hotel advertised having late afternoon hor d" ourves, but he told us that was not true, even though I showed him on the brochure that stated that fact. In the mornings he would always make sure that we never received a second cup of coffee with the breakfast....he said that if we wanted it it would cost extra over and above the included buffet price. One evening we wanted to borrow a knife to spread some cheese on crackers in our room.....he told us that he could not let us borrow a knife from the kitchen for a few minutes....he told us that we would need to go out to the town to buy one.

I would stay at the hotel again, but hopefully never have to deal with the manager.......he was indeed and idiot and not hospitable and would be better suited to be a drill seargent in the Marines.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The hotel manager is a jerk!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JimOCotodeCaza_Ca
Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2008

I spent five days and nights at Hotel Leeuwenbrug in Delft. I was there on business, but tried to squeeze in a little fun, too. I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel. From the outside, with its distinctive, attractive red awnings and benches/tables to watch people go by, to the inside public areas, to the room itself, it was wonderful. The room was large, with a work table for my laptop computer. The bathroom had a shower and large bathtub. The hotel was located next to a lovely footbridge and within walking distance of the train station and market square with its restaurants, souvenir shops and churches. Staff scheduled taxis for me. When I had too much luggage to carry to the train station upon my departure, the staff helped me carry it the few blocks to the train station, at no charge! I loved Delft and I loved Hotel Leeuwenbrug. If I ever return, I will be staying there.

• Liked — Location, service
  • Disliked — Nothing. It was great
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank CCinLouisiana
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2008

I called the receptionist, twice, and they refused to take my reservation insisting that I do so on the site. I was calling them because I didn't have a good internet connection. Once I went online, the site said there were rooms, but the site wouldn't let me book it. I called to ask if there was any other way. The receptionist said "it is not possible", but then said they could email me a form to complete. I offered my email address and they said that I should just email them. I did this, and didn't receive a response for a day. So I emailed the next day asking about the form. They said there was only availability on one of the nights. This despite the receptionist the prior day confirming rooms were available for the dates I needed. I then quickly responded to their email asking for which date was available. I got a response saying that now, neither date was available! What?!!! I asked for clarity on the information I had been given, but they never responded. Very, very rude, and now my entire trip has to be reorganized.
I am temporarily living in Europe, and travel quite a bit, but this place is the worst service I have ever experienced.

• Liked — location seemed ok
  • Disliked — the service was the worst in europe
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank bigwnfan
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2008

We stayed in a double room which was not large, but big enough. It has coffeemaking facilities, an added bonus as this is not common in Europe. The room was quiet, well sound proof. Did not hear anybody else. Excellent Wifi with PC for those without laptop. Lovely breakfast, painfree check in and check out. This is now my home away from home in Delft!

• Liked — location, size, breakfast, wifi
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John071
Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2008

Stayed for one night at Hotel Leeuwenbrug. This hotel is just Absolutely Fabulous!!! A great family owned hotel in the center of Delft. Very clean, cosy and with superb staff. I was very well taken care of. The surroundings is just superb with the canal just outside the frontdoor of the hotel. Nothing but the best!! Very clean rooms with big beds and quite rooms. Stay there!!

• Liked — Staff, hotel and surroundings
  • Disliked — Nothing!!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business