“My favorite restaurant in Delft”
Review of Pelican

Pelican
Ranked #73 of 231 Restaurants in Delft
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Oslo, Norway
“My favorite restaurant in Delft”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This great little place looks like a bar but is in fact an Italian restaurant. Not a pizzeria, but a restaurant. Everything is home made and delicious. I had bistecca rossini whick was to die for with perfect fries. They were happy to find alternatives for me without gluten.

Visited May 2014

• Polish first
Delft, The Netherlands
“Excellent dinner in Delft”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

This is one of the few restaurants that my wife and I will go back to time and time again as the Pelican has a wonderful ambience and delicious food for good value.

The meze platter is worth a try to share between two to three people and is a great start to the meal. For the rest, the meat and fish options are delicious.

If wanting to eat later in the evening then you may need to book in advance as it fills up rather quickly after 19.30 pm.

NOTE: Pelican also has a sister restaurant in Delft, Rossio, however we have been very disappointed with it and find that the Pelican has a much more to offer.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank SeanSA2014
Pennsylvania
“Excellent pasta and amazing beef”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This was the most fun we had in Delft. Lots os atmosphere, nice waiter, and really good food after a long day on our feet.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Satchel2010
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Excellent food, great service”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The atmosphere is nice. However, we arrived very early, just after opening, on a rainy day. We were cold but the place itself was qutie cold itself. It eventually become warmer, but still.

They had some special beers on draft and the wine was ok. But the food was very good, it was not the standard stuff you would expect but everything had a creative touch. The big platter for 2 persons was very nice to start with, with fresh foods, I can surely recommend this.

• Visited October 2013
San Francisco, California
“Good food and atmosphere, disappointing service”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I brought two very good friends to the Pelicaan, a restaurant which had been recommended to me. The atmosphere is great, the place is cozy, and full of happy people. However, we had to wait 20 minutes for our reserved table, the staff forgot our starter and our main was brought to us an hour and a half after we had ordered. We could see people coming, eating a three course meal and leaving before we even had our first bite to eat.
I really wish I could recommend this place, because the food was good and the atmosphere lovely, but our expectations, and in the end our whole evening, were let down by unacceptable service.

• Visited September 2013