“Charm and location”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Delft
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Charm and location”
Reviewed 16 June 2008

The Emauspoort is a real find. It sits right behind the city's major basilica and main square in a block of atmospheric buildings. The staff are welcoming, the breakfast is good, and the hotel's interior courtyard is a delightful place to relax in after a day of sightseeing. The price is very reasonable given the hotel's undeniable charms.

Please don't think of this little gem as a full-service hotel, however, or you will be slightly disappointed. If you are sitting in the lobby at 10 p.m. the staff asks you politely to leave so they can lock up the room. The lobby bar was closed on Sunday and Monday nights, the nights of my visit, or perhaps I needed to ask at the front desk for bar service--I wasn't sure which was the case and I wasn't offered a drink as I sat working in the lobby. It is not possible to get a wake-up call prior to 7 a.m., and the rooms have no alarm clocks or newspapers in the morning. I needed to ask for a tiny shampoo packet the second day, which was cheerfully supplied (either the housekeepers had overlooked leaving me a new packet or the original, miniscule packet was intended to last for two nights). These aren't necessarily problems: they're simply evidence that the owners aren't trying to run a full-service hotel. Instead, if you think of the Emauspoort as a large (25 room) and comfortable bed-and-breakfast in historic buildings, you will be in the proper frame of mind to enjoy this charming establishment.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — No alarm clock in the room
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank Dr-Jill-from-NH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Turkish first
Port Perry
Reviewed 13 June 2008

Found a jewel in a wonderful old city, very quiet for a city center,lots to see, hotel staff were great, rooms kept clean, good breakfast with lots of fresh bake goods, owners very helpful and all staff spoke great english, will stay again in a heartbeat.

• Liked — The great personal service
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank ottovonrotton
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 May 2008

A historical little place to take you back in time...

We were welcomed by the owners of this charming little hotel in the centre of the historic town of Delft!

Look no further this place is a real little find.

The room we had was a quad room over looking the canal and the church.
(It was very clean) The breakfast was a highlight with lots of yummy "Dutch Treats" and great coffee!
I have recommended this place to all my travelling friends, if you want something typically Dutch...look no further!
(The only comment I would like to point out, which didn't really worry us, is that they have no garage, however a public secured garage is a 10 minute stroll 'through the canals' away)

• Liked — Clean, very comfortable and being in the centre of Delft
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank troubadours
Centerburg, Ohio
Reviewed 7 May 2008

My husband and I stayed at Emauspoort for a week in April, based on Tripadvisor reviews (as always). I called the Hotel directly to make reservations and confirmed them via email. Super easy. Everyone I dealt with was very nice and very helpful. The location couldn't have been better, just off the square and not far from the train station. Room was great. Clean and comfortable. Breakfast was the best! Fresh breads, meat, cheese, yogurt, cereal. The orange juice was the best I've ever had. It was very relaxing to eat and watch the bikes and people go by in the morning, a super start to the day. The staff gave great recommendations for restaurants at dinner time. There is a computer for patron use so we were able to check train schedules before our day trips. Delft itself was the perfect town to have as a base for our trip.

Stayed April 2008
2 Thank goingabroad
Bamberg, Germany
Reviewed 2 May 2008

We stayed in the caravan. It was charming and fun. It was a beautiful weekend and we enjoyed our little outside area to relax after a busy day. The location of the hotel was perfect and we loved the bells. They were the last thing we heard and the first thing again but they didn't bother us in between.

Breakfast was wonderful, the breads were warm and the buffet plentiful.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 April 2008

My wife and I stayed at Hotels in Amsterdam, Delft and Leiden with this being our favorite. Our room was spacious and clean. The location was great, although even though the church chimes were quaint they did wake me up occasionally. The price was inexpensive for the quality. The included breakfast was excellent and filling. We would stay here and use this as our base for any future Netherlands visit.

• Liked — Spacious and quality
  • Disliked — Outside noise
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank danlmart
Halifax
Reviewed 5 April 2008

As a tour director, I feel that it is my duty to advise fellow travellers of my experiences with either good/bad hotels. I chose the Hotel de Emauspoort in Delft from a website, (TravelXL.com) and booked 3 nights with evening dinner included for my group of 33. If I haven't used the services of a particular hotel in the past, there is always an aprehension before arrival. From the first contact with Joeren and Desiree I knew that I had no fears of the quality of this hotel. Fast return communications, (wtih humor), helpful and courteous responses to the many changes I had to make before arrival, helpful check-in, knowledgable answers to all my questions, etc. Our hosts went out of their way to make my group feel welcome and comfortable. The bountiful breakfasts were excellent, but......the evening dinners for our three night stay was beyond first class service. As this was the beginning of a 21 day excursion, the Emauspoort maintained the position of being the "favorite" of the group throughout the entire trip......and we had wonderful hotels and gasthofs for those 21 days. Would I take another group there.......in a heartbeat. I'm already planning a "favorite hotel excursion" in Europe in the future for my clients....you can be sure that we will once again visit the Hotel de Emauspoort.

Great job Desiree and Joeren ........ and not forgetting your staff.

Ted Porteous, Tour Director, Canada

• Liked — cleanliness, comfort, quiet,friendly
  • Disliked — I have no dislikes