“Best hotel ever!”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Delft
Bergen, Norway
“Best hotel ever!”
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Zooo gezellig and nice, such nice staff (my travelling companion fell in love with the owner's son), such beautiful rooms and building, such great service, such a great view to the Oude Kerk (necropolis of the Oranjes), such a nice lively street, so bike-friendly - best hotel ever!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Turkish first
uk
Reviewed 14 September 2010

Our second stay in two years at the Hotel de Emauspoort. We’d liked it so much we decided to return – and in the same room! This is a great place to stay in a really great town. Delft has something for everyone and is also well situated for travelling around, with Dutch trains being so good. It’s about a fifteen minute pleasant walk to the railway station – or a very short taxi ride.

It’s hard to fault the hotel or the very helpful and pleasant staff. Being a small hotel it doesn’t have very many facilities, but the location is perfect, just at the back of the main square. It’s also very reasonably priced. Although the hotel doesn’t serve food (other than the good breakfast) there are dozens of good restaurants and bars right on your doorstep.

If you want somewhere different to stay other than Amsterdam we really recommend Delft and there is nowhere better to stay than the Emauspoort

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Everett, Washington
Reviewed 10 September 2010

What an incredible location right in the heart of Delft. The staff at this hotel are warm and helpful and very eager to make your stay perfect. We were given a choice of rooms. When we discovered that the electrical outlets were a bit too far from the mirrors - the clerk found a long extension cord making everything wonderful. We stayed upstairs and had 2 windows that opened for cross-ventilation. The room was spacious including 2 chairs and a table - and free wifi in the lobby. We couldn't have had a nicer breakfast inclusive of espresso/capaccinos, meat, cheese, even crepes, cereal, croissants, fresh fruit and more!

The staff gave great recommendations on restaurants as well.
I would stay here again and again!

Felixstowe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2010

My wife had a problem with the stairs but the staff were insistent that they would move us to a room on the ground level. Spotless, excellent staff, good breakfast and very central location, excellent.

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 25 August 2010

I arrived in Delft on a dreary, rainy day, but immediately felt better after checking into this hotel.

The hotel has a pleasant lounge area and breakfast room. My room was relatively small, but fine for my needs. The bed was very comfortable and I slept very well.

The hotel is very centrally located and a good value overall. I would definitely recommend staying here if visiting Delft.

• Stayed August 2010
New Westminster, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2010

We were ready for this - a clean, bright, spacious room with a good shower, great location, and good support. We sat in the comfortable downstairs room sipping coffee and reading, then got some good advice from the desk staff. Very good breakfast in a pleasant room. Highly recommended.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 July 2010

I At first I hesitated to book at Hotel de Emauspoort. Before my trip I was looking for a trendy hotel with a Dutch Charm that is not far away from Deflt University. I looked at a number of options and based on the popularity of this hotel in TripAdvisor I decided to choose. I was not disappointed at all. All positive reviews are accurate in the description of the hotel and the management. I arrived at Delft at 8:00 AM. I was tired and was glad to be at the front desk. One of the owners was at the front desk. There was a smell of freshly made bred. The manager asked about the name and then guided me to the room. It was not a room. A small living room and kitchen and a stair leads to bedroom and bathroom. Very charming and eloquently furnished. Then I was offered to have breakfast. That surprised me. So I asked, isn’t suppose to offer the breakfast after one night stay. He replied “No” you can have it from today. I am from North America and things are done quite differently here. Unlike here in North America He never asked for credit card or passport. The breakfast was different kinds of breads, crepes filled with cheese, freshly grounded and prepared coffee, fruit salad, orange, milk, yogurt, and many other things. I was really impressed with the quality and freshness of food. Yummy Yummy. I stayed at the Hotel de Emauspoort four nights. The hotel is near the “new” church of Delft. You can hear the bells ring every 30 minutes to remind of time. I felt really comfortable with everything at this nice hotel. I will keep going to Hotel de Emauspoort every time I go to Delft or even Amsterdam as it’s only 30 minutes from Schiphol airport.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business