“Great hotel, great location”

Hotel De Koophandel
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Delft
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We have stayed at the Hotel de Koophandel before and were delighted to find it just as nice as we remembered (nicer actually, as the bathrooms have been redone). The location is great, and our room overlooked lively Beestenmarkt Square. The rooms are clean and attractive, each featuring a large print from a well-known painting, a Vermeer in our room. The desk staff is very friendly and very helpful. The large breakfast buffet is included, and coffee and tea are available at all times. Delft is a lovely, laid-back city to visit, and this is a great hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Withyscott
There are newer reviews for Hotel De Koophandel

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed here on a business trip for 3 days. The hotel is centrally located so ideal for tourists. An easy way to get to Delft - get a taxi from Rotterdam airport - I think it was around 30 Euros - the journey didn't seem long - 15 minutes?? I was here on business and therefore shared a taxi with other colleagues to VSL every day. If you need to do this - ask the staff to book it the night before as it can be very busy in the morning. I had a room on the 2nd floor facing the square (room 16) - it was very hot and noisy and you can hear the church bell chime once every hour during the night and the chatter from the bars outside. So I didn't sleep well at all. There were no the rooms available until the Friday night - but it was still worth changing for the last night - I was in room 29 which was much bigger, and quieter, however it was still hot 26C in the night. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. There are plenty of bars and restaurants - as I had arrived late - I had dinner in an Argentinian restaurant near the main market sq at 10 pm! The breakfast bar was very good and coffee was ok - better than most hotel coffee! The stairs were not scary steep like a lot of accommodation in Holland. The rooms were extremely clean and the curtains are properly light tight. I would stay here again but probably request a room at the back in advance of arrival and not stay here in the summer. I am a light sleeper. The wifi did not work well for me - it was enough for emails but not facetime/skype - there is free wifi all over Holland, including on the train. Delft is a lovely place to stay and you can visit other places in Holland from there - the trains are excellent and this hotel is just 15 mins walk away from the train station. No need to stay in crowded Amsterdam, Delft also has lots of little canals - which reminds me, bring mozzie spray!

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the square are quieter - I did not like being in room 16, room 29 was much be...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A colleague recommended this hotel for me when I needed a place to stay in Delft on business, and I am glad he did. This is very traditional Dutch accommodation. The staff were very pleasant and friendly. My room was spacious and comfortable. There was a decent sized area for working if required and the wi-fi was good. The location is central to the town. Breakfast is cold buffet style and no other food service is available, but the square is surrounded by pubs and restaurants. The area can be lively at night, which might be an issue if you need to open windows (there's no air conditioning). Approximately 20 minutes walk from the train station and the same to TUDelft. I'd stay here again without hesitation.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We really liked this hotel. The quiet room was large and lovely, with photos of Rembrandt paintings. Location was central. The staff was very helpful - they suggested the restaurant next door on a very busy holiday, which worked out very well. Good breakfast. Recommend highly

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights during half term whilst I was working in Delft. It is a lovely hotel with a great family room sleeping four people. The staff are really friendly and the breakfast is good.

Room Tip: No parking on site but good car park within 10 mins walk
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tracy068
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've been in this hotel last week and I have spent 3 nights.
I have to say that the room was big enough and very tidy and clean.
The best thing of this hotel is of course the location (very center of Delft), the breakfast is delicious and fresh and the staff is very very nice, friendly and professional.
I will definitively come back in this hotel when I'll be back in this area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank filobraccs
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I had a large bedroom on a quiet side at the 2nd level. The check-in was friendly, the hotel decoration reffers alot to painters with reproduction fo dutch masters on the walls and in the room. There are lots of magazines available, and wifi is free of charge. The hotel is quiet, and the breakfast presents a large choice.

Room Tip: For people who fear the stairs, there are 3 rooms available on ground floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo