“Go for the view!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 9 Dordrecht B&B and Inns
Brussels, Belgium
“Go for the view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed on the top floor... what a view! Especially in the evening seeing the boats sailing past.
The room was nicely decorated while the bathroom was a bit small.
The breakfast was good and again, the view from the hotel restaurant was exceptional!

Room Tip: Top floor room !
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

Best thing is the excellent location, overlooking the point where 3 rivers meet, on the other side is the old town. Location-wise there can not be much better: centrally located, 5 mins walk from the heart of town. The hotel was ok, but somehow found the rooms to be not really that modern. Service was so-so, though we appreciated that the hotel manager showed us a parking with a limited number of spaces allocated for hotel guests. He took his car off the parking to give us a free parking space which was very nice. Breakfast was limited but the view of the rivers was nice. Ok experience I suppose.

Bourne End, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend recently. When we arrived it turned out they had a lot of weddings and parties booked into the various restaurants / function areas, so I would suggest that may have influenced the service we received, which was pretty non-existent, as there just never seemed to be anyone around!

The views were lovely... We had a corner suite. Windows however were really low, which wasn't ideal to appreciate those views, and not helped by the height of my husband and I who are both very tall! Decor was very dark.. An attempt to be trendy I imagine, but there were a lot of chips and scuffs which made the hotel appear a little tired. A strange feature of our room was that there were blackout blinds in the bedroom but not in the bathroom.. Which had no door and was open into the bedroom.. Small details but important as the blackout blinds were pointless!

The room was next to the cleaning cupboard and the walls were thin so a little noisy too.

We ate lunch in the brasserie restaurant which was fine but nothing special and as they had just cleared out a group, who they had not cleaned up from, they didn't seem that keen to feed us. Anyway, it was ok.

All in all it was fine but nothing special.

We have previously stayed at the Villa Augustus which was fully booked, and to be honest, although it doesn't have the same views, we would probably stay there again next time.

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

My family come from Dordrecht so I have been visiting this beautiful town since I was a baby. Usually we stay with family, but this trip and our last trip we stayed in hotels.

Last time around was Villa Augustus which we really rated. Family and friends said that the Bellevue was the best hotel in town, so as Villa Augustus was full we booked here.

It's in a stunning location right on the river. The river is to the back of the hotel and one of Dordrecht's many tiny harbours is to the front of the hotel.

The reception and dining rooms were quite nice. We were given a top floor suite on a corner so had views of both the river and the harbour area which was great. The only problem was the windows were quite low. The room below had huge floor to ceiling windows so would have been much nicer.

When they last renovated this place they gave it a trendy look. but a few years down the line this is starting to appear tired. Our room was painted black a lot of places. This really shows up scuff marks everywhere so the room had the appearance of being a bit grubby unfortunately. This wasn't helped by the cobwebs in the shower room.

The room had lovely black out blinds, but they were useless as the shower room, which was open to the bedroom with no door between didn't have blinds/curtains over its windows. So as soon as it got light the room started to get light. Not a massive issue as we were very busy that weekend, but it seems pointless to invest in blackout blinds for only some windows.

We ate lunch here one day and it was very nice. They had multiple weddings and parties and coped with our 2.30pm request very well.

If we got one of the rooms with the big windows then I think I would stay here again...otherwise I'd go to Villa Augustus every time.

However, what you don't get with Augustus is one of the best locations in Holland. The views are really stunning and you are right in the middle of the old town.

Room Tip: Ask for the corner room on the 1st floor. I didn't see it, but if it's the same as ours (201...
Bangkok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013 via mobile

During a short business trip in Dordrecht, I have never expected anything this good.

Reception Staff opened the door and came out to help. The small hotel looks clean and is well cleaned. The room is ready for my arrival. Habour view room really has stunning Habour view. The design is modern and comfortable. Staff remember me even at the bar for first time. They know what room number I stay. Restaurant Blanc offers an experience of great venue, great wine, great food plus very professional and hospitable service. Even chef in the open kitchen of the restaurant can create warm welcome feeling.

I even consider to stay here for my next business trip in any part of Netherlands and Belgium and make use of train. (Not sure if it is a smart idea but really want to consider this next trip.)

Dordrecht is lovely more than busy yet very artistic. It reminds me about my home town of Hua Hin in Thailand. Access to train station by taxi costs less than 10 euro from this hotel.

Things to improve in my opinion is bed quality, curtain, and glass door for shower.

• Stayed March 2013
Gt. Yarmouth, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

Stayed here for just one night but hotel was lovely. Restaurant was busy and the food / service was good. Excellent location overlooking the river and close to the water bus routes.

I was here on business and if I am back in the area would definitely stay / recommend again

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

We come in Bellevue frequently for lunch, dinner and for drinks. It gives the best view of the rivers and is just a good place to eat and drink. The lunch menu is good and there is a choice of a bistro style or upper scale restaurant (first floor). We tried both and liked it. So do what we locals do and check it out when you visit the beautiful city of Dordrecht. Bellevue also has a few rooms. I had visitors sleep here a few times and they all loved it.

Room Tip: Ask for river view when you book
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dordrecht
Villa Augustus
#5 of 8 in Dordrecht
Suite Hotel Pincoffs
Suite Hotel Pincoffs
#1 of 52 in Rotterdam

Been to Bellevue Groothoofd? Share your experiences!