Bastion Hotel Dordrecht Papendrecht
Hotel Dordrecht(Dordrecht)
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsbar and restaurantbusiness tripup to datestayed here for one nightrooms are cleannice hotelbusiness hotelrotterdaminternet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2013

A good clean hotel with nice rooms, good price for the service offered No luxuries but adequate. Friendly staff and a good breakfast. Bathroom clean, but a simple douche curtain makes it not possible to keep it dry: a bathmat should help.

Room Tip: Best price quality relation in the weekend!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Dordrecht Papendrecht, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you left on Tripadvisor. We try to meet the expectations of our guests and I believe we did achieve this.

I hope to meet you again in one of our hotels.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

I stayed with three friends at the Bastion Hotel in 2011 (excuse the date used below, I just forgot to review after staying here), it's safe to say that this hotel was excellent in serving it's purpose to us. I will fully admit that it's not a hotel that you could spend all day in, but for a place to stay with a widely varied breakfast each morning I cannot complain. The staff were excellent and assisted us with every need we had, even calling taxi's for us every day! Everyone spoke English and was absolutely lovely. If you fancy a chilled evening there is plenty for everyone, a pool table, a computer with access to all the popular website such as Facebook and even a bar for those of you looking to get a little bit tipsy after a fun filled day! To top it off they even provide it's guests with an excellent gym, basic but there for your simple work outs to keep fit.
The rooms are pretty basic but come with two single beds, a mini fridge, ensuite shower room and a television with English Channels (HOORAY).
In terms of it's location it was within walking distance of nearby towns and residential areas. We used taxi's most days but this wasn't necessarily a requirement, the nearby towns are absolutely gorgeous with lots to offer for all ages from shopping to riverside walks.

All in all I have absolutely no complaints as this was one of the best trips I have had in a while and I would definitely go back!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Dordrecht Papendrecht, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Dear guest,

I hope to meet you again at our hotel in Dordrecht.

Reviewed 24 November 2012

Stayed here for business and as such, I'm reasonably easy to please. However, the staff at this hotel need serious training in customer service!
First problem was that they insisted I had only booked 4 nights when I had booked 5. For some reason this needed to be argued about, what kind of people argue about accepting 'extra' business?
Next problem was the bar service. On the night I arrived, it appears the receptionist is also the bar tender. Slight problem if you are waiting at the bar while multiple people are checking in. I waited for 10 minutes at an empty bar for a simple drink, the receptionist at no time gave any indication that she was aware of my presence, a simple 'please bear with me a moment' or similar would have made all the difference.
Later in the week, they decided to check me out after 4 nights (sound familar?). They fixed this without any more arguements but then when my keycard wouldn't work I stood at the reception for 10 minutes with no sign of any staff member anywhere to be seen.
Further fun was to be had when I asked for change for the cigarette machine, a completely disinterested girl at reception brushed off the request with a "we don't have any" without checking a till or anything, and she promptly turned her back on me.
Food in the restaurant was just barely ok. Cajun chicken, tandoori chicken are apparently the same thing except one is smothered in what tasted like out of a tin cajun sauce, the other is chicken covered in some unidentifible sauce. It looks like prepared pieces of chicken are just coated in whatever flavoured sauce the customer has ordered. Also, I've never been in a restaurant that runs out of so many dishes. Every night myself or a colleague ordered something that was out. In fairness, the goulash special was tasty when we actually managed to get it.
All in all, this hotel could easily be made much better with some simple changes. Point out to the staff that the customers are the people who pay their wages, therefore they are more important than doing paperwork or other back office functions.
Get a chef who actually understands what a Tandoor is and can cook adequate amounts of food......
Is an ashtray in the smoking rooms that hard to manage?
Oh, and maybe a manager who doesn't cut and paste the same response to reviews on tripadvisor.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Dordrecht Papendrecht, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our associates in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

We stayed here for one night with a group of people. Check inn was a mess. We arrived quite late and hoped to get to our rooms quick, but staff wasn't prepared for us. Eventhough all personal information was provided when we made the reservation, all of us had to fill in a form and all this forms needed to be printed after we arrived and checked before we got our keys. Roomkeys were not ready either, so check in took a lot of time.
Upon checkout, there was only one staffmember available so we had to wait quite long.

Room was basic but ok, tv, coffeemakingfacilities and minibar, wifi, but furniture quite dated. Shower really small and no space to put your shampoo etc (eventhough the shampoo from the previous guest was still in there). Beds ok, no noise from outside at all and airco worked very well.

Breakfast was great with lots of choices and fresh baked eggs. Staff was overall quite friendly and helpful. We ordered packed lunches, which were nice with lots of extras and worth their price.
The hotel is not in the citycenter, eventhough the rooms are quite expensive.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Dordrecht Papendrecht, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Rather expensive for room only. Room was comfy enough, just a shame they don't seem to have double beds, only 2 singles in a room. Most of the staff were friendly apart from one who seemed to think it was an inconvenience serving us in the bar. Great to have a fridge to use in the bedroom.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Dordrecht Papendrecht, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012