“Cozy motel to recharge while on the road”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Reno Motel

Reno Motel
Reno Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Salmo B&B and Inns
“Cozy motel to recharge while on the road”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

After traveling for 8 hours I found this motel to be perfect for my daughter and I. The room was extreemly clean, and I am very picky as I have been a housekeeper for many years now. The owners were so helpful, they helped refresh my memory of where things were in Salmo, as I had lived here when I was a young child. During my next pass through the Kootenays I will defenetly be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ukeejeni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Yellowknife, Canada
Reviewed 21 September 2011

My husband and I enjoyed a comfortable bed in clean, quaint surroundings at the Reno Motel. We were captivated by the friendliness of the owners, Judy and Brian, and their attention to our every need. We were invited to use the barbeque in the motel's quiet sitting area and thus enjoyed a rare "home-cooked" meal during our travels. I would recommend this motel as an affordable and pleasant stopover in Salmo.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Goldie1954
squamish
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Comfortable place, cozy, homey, good coffee, quiet.
The room was well-furnished. I paid $68 + tax. I checked out the three or four small hotels in this town and the Reno was easily the best.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Jerry274
Rocky Mountains
Reviewed 9 November 2010

This is a cute little fifties motel that is very pretty. Lots of flowers, fresh paint, nice proprietor. We did have a few complaints, though. This motel, at least the wing we were in, doesn't appear to be winterized. We were there at the end of September and the nights were very cool. There was a baseboard heater in the living room/kitchen. The back bedroom and attached bathroom weren't heated at all and they were so cold! The windows are single paned sliders. It was so cold, I didn't want to take a shower. When we went out for the day, we left the heat on so the heat would go into the walls and the back rooms would warm up. We came back to stone coldness, as the heat had been turned down in our absence. Also, you won't want to stay in the room we were in if you are very wide. I am slim and to get into the bathroom I had to step in between the toilet and tiny wash basin, turn around on the spot with my back against the wall and then shut the door. There were no hooks in the bathroom and one towel rack in a unit that supposedly sleeps four. There was no place to hang clothes, hang a towel while in the shower, or put a wash kit down. There was only a tiny shelf above the tiny basin. The beds were good; kitchen very clean; full size fridge; tiny table and not much counter space. The style is original fifties, which I see nothing wrong with and was glad to see it in this age of "re-use". I liked the very old, freshly painted table and matching chairs. I didn't like the very old carpet that smelled like cooler water. The motel was overpriced for this "decor", especially with the lack of heat. It's right beside the highway but that didn't bother us, though it was low season. The owners are looking to retire. This is 2010. Maybe the new owners will put in extra heating and better windows. I would like to see this cute place continue as a "historic" motel and would stay again in the summer only until then.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Crowsnest

Been to Reno Motel? Share your experiences!