“Loved it!”

Restaurant In den Doofpot
Reserve with
Restaurant In den Doofpot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 284 Restaurants in Leiden
Price range: US$29 - US$58
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Established in 1997, almost 20 years Leiden's finest!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Wonderful food, great service, very nice atmosphere. A true treat and a perfect night out with friends. We had the 4 courses surprise dinner and every course was delicious! I loved the wine pairings and hope to come back soon!

Visited May 2014

Leiden, The Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best appetizers”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The appetizers were as good as have ever eaten. Main dishes were very good but lost out a bit, sea bass was slightly over cooked. Wine list ranges from 30-to hundreds od euros, but the low end range is good. Overall dining experience superb.

• Visited March 2014
Wassenaar, The Netherlands
“Food is excellent but the rest...”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The menu is limited by the food is excellent and well prepared. However the wine combination was very poor, which was a surprise as this restaurant claims to be a wine-tasting place.The place was very noisy with two tables of people keeping raising their voice and placing telephone calls... One of the table was probably occupied by some acquaintances of the owner or by the owner himself. Actually at a certain point the cook came out to talk, also loudly, with them. The surprise came with the bill: we took a 3 course menu and we ask if we could change the main dish with a different one: they charged us the full menu rice plus the additional dish...also I did not drink any wine during the dinner as I had to drive afterward. My wife took a single glass of wine (which was very poor and not matched to the food) and overall we paid 168 Euros in two....

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Giuliano G
Oegstgeest, The Netherlands
“Great restaurant, bit pricy”
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

This is one of the top restaurants in Leiden, and I consider that an honor because Leiden has a relatively high number of extremely good restaurants compared to other Dutch cities, even compared to Amsterdam considering relative population sizes. It is all you expect from perfect gastronomy and if you indicate clearly what you like even a complete vegetarian can be happy here. But I am not a vegetarian and I was happy with the perfectly prepared duck. The restaurant excels in its wine arangements, the wine collection is truly amazing. The only minus is that it is a bit pricy, relative also to other top restaurants in Leiden, so unless you have an expense acount you have to save it for a special ocasion. I did that for a wedding day and birthday several times since I consider the quality is worth it.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Herman S
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great evening!”
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Last Tuesday night I had dinner at IDD with 3 friends. It was a busy night for the restaurant, but this didn't bother us at all. The noise level in the restaurant is very good and we had no issues talking and listening to each other. The food was really good and the portion sizes perfect. We had matching wines and really enjoyed the combinations of the food with the wines. I had a cheese plate for dessert, which was very nicely put together and came with a beautiful glass of Port. It isn't a cheap place, but you will enjoy spending an evening there; nice ambiance, great service and very good food and drinks. I hope to come back soon!