“Sushi heaven”
Review of Sushi Bento

Sushi Bento
Ranked #58 of 312 Restaurants in Leiden
Reviewed 11 July 2013

From the outside, the restaurant is uninspiring and can easily be overlooked, as I had done on many occasions whilst walking up and down Harlemmerstraat, but believe me, this little diamond is one place you DON'T want to miss. As mentioned I. Previous posts, the venue is small, and basic in it's decor, but this simplicity adds to the ambiance. After all, you don't need trendy, colourful and impacting decor when the food itself is trendy, colourful and utterly amazing. Why detract from the focus of the visit through the surroundings when the focus should be on the food. The service encountered has always been very good, the servers welcoming and friendly and don't constantly pester you or rush you, which for me is a bonus. It is definitely not an eat-and-run place and I would be worried if it was. The food is an artwork, prepared fresh using the highest quality food and such creations take time. A bowl of edamame (awesome), seaweed salad (divine) and a miso soup keeps you occupied and satisfied whilst waiting for the main event.... And it definitely is wort h the wait. The only downside for me, being a plastic-money kind of guy, is the lack of card payment facility.... Cash only! But it doesn't deter Nd I am already looking forward to my next visit. Great food, good value, and a perfect setting for a catch up with friends.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

We had a dinner with 4 and it took ages before the food arrived. The glasses were dirty and the service unfriendly. People that came for a take away also had to wait more than 45 minutes and orders by telephone were forgotten or wrong.
The sushi is great but this was an experience I would not want again.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

The best sushi of Leiden! Very tastefull and rich. The restuarant is very small though and might not be the nicest place to spend an evening out. It's also a take-away.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

My partner and I are regulars here whenever he comes to visit. I am vegetarian and there are quite a few options (although no veggie set meal or bento). My standard order is edamame (to share - delicious), miso soup, futo maki and a komkommer hand roll. I have tried the veggie tempura a few times but this can be a bit bland. I am no sushi expert but I think at such reasonable prices the quality is good. We have tried most other sushi places in Leiden but never went back - preferring Sushi Bento. My partner says the fish always seems quite fresh compared to elsewhere. Occassionally we have turned up to find it closed and given up waiting, but we always find the time to try again!

Reviewed 22 October 2012 via mobile

Hmmmm, best sushi in Leiden. Mostly for take out, but you can eat there aswell. For a sushiplace it is still cosy. Fish is very fresh and tastes good

1  Thank JuFo87