“Ibis ticked the boxes for us”
Review of Ibis Leiden Centre

Ibis Leiden Centre
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Leiden
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed just 3 nights in Leiden, primarily to see the tulips and also to explore, which we enjoyed, particularly the canal walks, the old town and some good food. The Ibis is very near to the train and bus stations and about ten minutes walk to the town centre. Turning left from the front door allows a more pleasant walk to the town by the canal side. We found the staff very friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable indeed and the small bedroom and bathroom were modern and perfectly clean.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2312ARibisLeiden, Manager at Ibis Leiden Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Glad you had a good time! Hope to see you again. Kind regards
Team ibis Leiden Centre

There are newer reviews for Ibis Leiden Centre

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Ibis Lieden Centre is directly across the street from the main rail station in Leiden. I was given a quiet room high up in the back of the hotel. Out my window, I was able to see the windmill in the center of Leiden. Very cool. The bed was unusual in that it was very soft. It took some getting used to, but I liked the sleep it provided. The room was small, but larger than most I have had in other European hotels. After learning that the breakfast was 15 euros, I opted to eat at the train station across the street for much less. Overall, I was happy with the hotel and will probably return if my travels bring me back to Leiden.

Room Tip: Rooms high up and facing the parking lot are quieter than ones facing the train station.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here. We really value your feedback. Kind regards
Team ibis Leiden

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I recently booked the Keukenhof Gardens package at the Ibis Leiden Centre, a stay I was looking forward to after a week-long conference in Nijmegen. The package was supposed to include 1 night's accommodation, breakfast, a welcome drink and a ticket to the Gardens. Unfortunately, the Ibis Leiden Centre unilaterally moved me to the nearby Golden Tulip after explaining via email that they were overbooked. It would have been nice if the Ibis hotel manager gave me the option of canceling my stay. I suppose they didn't offer since I had paid in advance for the package. I thought there might be issues but I decided to give the Golden Tulip a chance.

Well, the Golden Tulip has certainly seen better days. The staff were professional and courteous but the room itself was dated and worn (ripped curtains; older, uncomfortable bed; stained carpet; etc.). I did not get the ticket to the Gardens or the included breakfast, either. In any event, I only booked for one night so I just dealt with the situation as best as I could and then left the next day. I doubt I'll book an Accor hotel in the future -- I need a more reliable place to stay when traveling.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank mlogic
2312ARibisLeiden, Manager at Ibis Leiden Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

I would like, before anything else, to give my apologies. It is true we where really overbooked. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay in another hotel.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and really hope that you will give us a second chance into the future. Kind regards. Team ibis Leiden Centre

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Ibis Leiden Centre is just across from the train station and within about a 10-minute walk to the city center. The hotel is new, clean, and the staff are very helpful. Comfy bed and pillows. Just the towels were on the thin side, but I guess for one night it is ok.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2312ARibisLeiden, Manager at Ibis Leiden Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at ibis Leiden Centre I look forward to your next visit. Kind regards,Team ibis Leiden Centre

Reviewed 15 May 2014

The Ibis is a new hotel and is a budget hotel. The rooms are small and the decor minimal. I could have done with a bit more english channels on the television. The breakfast was good and minimal and is the same everyday.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards,ibis Leiden Centre

Reviewed 12 May 2014

For a week to the Netherlands, visiting family and the last day to the KEUKENHOF.
I booked the IBIS because you're in the centre and it's not too far from Lisse.

A warm reception, when we signed in!
Personal is very friendly and helpful.

This hotel is only two years old so you think it must be good.
The bathroom and bedroom are very good. Bedroom is even cosy.
We had a room at the front so a wide view over the station square.

then in the evening a problem with the man behind the bar.

Next morning before breakfast I have spoken with the receptionist.
She had to talk to her manager about it...
During my breakfast came the young lady into the breakfast room and said
I had to come to the reception after breakfast

Breakfast is very good and delicious
So after my breakfast I went to the reception.
The young lady arranged what the manager had said.
I was, and still am, amazed for their handling

THAT IS WHAT I CALL SERVICE.

After this I have spoken to the manager,
very friendly and both side were very happy and satisfied
A reason to come back here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Ibis Leiden Centre

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel looks pretty ugly on the outside, but inside it's clean and modern, the staff are friendly and efficient, the beds are really comfortable and the showers are great. It's in a very handy location between the old town and the station, but it's still quiet so we slept very well. There's a handy public car park behind the hotel so you can leave the car and walk about the town. It was everything we needed on our trip and great value too.

Room Tip: Our rooms were at the back which is probably quieter and has nice views.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your very kind words. Very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. Look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards,