“Fantastic location”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Leiden
Aruba
“Fantastic location”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel, once week one night and the second week for two nights. We can say that the Front Desk staff is very friendly and helpful.

Located close to the rail station, this is a fantastic location. We were facing the station and enjoyed the view, with no problems of noice.

The rooms are small but good and very clean. Same was the case with the bathroom.

Can recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sara M
2312ARibisLeiden, Manager at Ibis Leiden Centre, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. ibis team Leiden Centre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Camperdown
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this modern hotel whilst driving around Europe . Absolutely lovely front staff, so helpful . Spotless rooms, lovely bar area ,good friendly atmosphere . The front of the hotel faces a modern railway station, however walking out the hotel rear door changes all of that. You enter the old city centre with its canals windmills and beautiful old buildings. We took an evening river cruise with a glass of wine, it was lovely. All the action is just 5 minutes walk from the hotel . We hired a bike from the hotel to explore the city and discovered a wonderful market. All good with the hotel and the city

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wallzy58
2312ARibisLeiden, Manager at Ibis Leiden Centre, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Team ibis Leiden Centre
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed just 3 nights in Leiden, primarily to see the tulips and also to explore, which we enjoyed, particularly the canal walks, the old town and some good food. The Ibis is very near to the train and bus stations and about ten minutes walk to the town centre. Turning left from the front door allows a more pleasant walk to the town by the canal side. We found the staff very friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable indeed and the small bedroom and bathroom were modern and perfectly clean.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2312ARibisLeiden, Manager at Ibis Leiden Centre, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Glad you had a good time! Hope to see you again. Kind regards
Team ibis Leiden Centre
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Ibis Lieden Centre is directly across the street from the main rail station in Leiden. I was given a quiet room high up in the back of the hotel. Out my window, I was able to see the windmill in the center of Leiden. Very cool. The bed was unusual in that it was very soft. It took some getting used to, but I liked the sleep it provided. The room was small, but larger than most I have had in other European hotels. After learning that the breakfast was 15 euros, I opted to eat at the train station across the street for much less. Overall, I was happy with the hotel and will probably return if my travels bring me back to Leiden.

Room Tip: Rooms high up and facing the parking lot are quieter than ones facing the train station.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for posting your thoughts on here. We really value your feedback. Kind regards
Team ibis Leiden
New York City
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I recently booked the Keukenhof Gardens package at the Ibis Leiden Centre, a stay I was looking forward to after a week-long conference in Nijmegen. The package was supposed to include 1 night's accommodation, breakfast, a welcome drink and a ticket to the Gardens. Unfortunately, the Ibis Leiden Centre unilaterally moved me to the nearby Golden Tulip after explaining via email that they were overbooked. It would have been nice if the Ibis hotel manager gave me the option of canceling my stay. I suppose they didn't offer since I had paid in advance for the package. I thought there might be issues but I decided to give the Golden Tulip a chance.

Well, the Golden Tulip has certainly seen better days. The staff were professional and courteous but the room itself was dated and worn (ripped curtains; older, uncomfortable bed; stained carpet; etc.). I did not get the ticket to the Gardens or the included breakfast, either. In any event, I only booked for one night so I just dealt with the situation as best as I could and then left the next day. I doubt I'll book an Accor hotel in the future -- I need a more reliable place to stay when traveling.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank mlogic
2312ARibisLeiden, Manager at Ibis Leiden Centre, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
I would like, before anything else, to give my apologies. It is true we where really overbooked. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay in another hotel.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and really hope that you will give us a second chance into the future. Kind regards. Team ibis Leiden Centre
The Netherlands
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Ibis Leiden Centre is just across from the train station and within about a 10-minute walk to the city center. The hotel is new, clean, and the staff are very helpful. Comfy bed and pillows. Just the towels were on the thin side, but I guess for one night it is ok.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2312ARibisLeiden, Manager at Ibis Leiden Centre, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at ibis Leiden Centre I look forward to your next visit. Kind regards,Team ibis Leiden Centre