Stayed here 1 night. We booked the Sleep Well-package incl. 2 days in the Spa of the hotel.
We booked the suite for the same price as the standard room, which seemed a good deal for us.
Rooms was indeed spacious and very well fitted with a little kitchenette. Great view from the room. Spa-zone of the hotel is nice, very trendy and pleasant (although quite small compared with other Spa's we did before.) Breakfast was fantastic and in a nice setting.
Only a few things which could be better:
- elevators are terrible, not all of them going to all the floors. For example, if u wanna go to the parking lot, there's only 1 elevator going there. And when u press the button to go down to the parking lot, all elevators react ofcours, except for the one going to the parking lot. We lost quite some time before we had the right elevator to the parking lot! This needs to be changed!!
- service in the Top Level restaurant was very slow, it took us about 2 hours for a starter and main course, which is too long. We also had a reservation at 8.30pm, when we entered the restaurant they directed us to the bar. So we thought the table was not ready yet (we were 10min. early), at 8.50pm we asked if our table was free, and the table was ready indeed, already from the time we entered the restaurant!! They just wanted us to have an extra pre-dinner drink in the bar, ofcourse.
- parking lot: u get a 20% discount from the hotel, which is nice and not too expensive.
When we left the lot, we could not get out because the payment was not done... At reception they forgot to tell us we had to speak to the parking staff to open the gates for us. Although I asked the reception staff we could get out just like that, and they said yes!
-upgrade to suite: as said before we payed the same price for the suite as for the standard room, at check out they wanted us to charge extra for the suite, although the confirmation email gave the total price. The reception staff told us we did not read the small letters during reservation. Afterall it seemed there was a mistake on the internet prices. Problem solved quickly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wakker worden met uitzicht op de duinkoppen van het Noordzeestrand of met een prachtig panorama over de oude binnenstad van Leiden, het zal niet bij hoge uitzondering zijn op de tiende verdieping van het multifunctionele gebouw Level. Direct gelegen naast het NS station en herkenbaar door zijn bijzondere gelaagde architectuur, is in september 2013 het nieuwe Hampshire Hotel Fitland - Leiden geopend. Een uniek hotel met 118 comfortabele hotelkamers en suites op viersterren niveau. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your City Resort Hotel Leiden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.