“small portions, good quality”
Review of Restaurant Look

Restaurant Look
Reserve with
Restaurant Look is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 1,164 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Price range: US$0 - US$38
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Oude Westen
Description: Alles staat in het teken van de knoflook. Het sublieme is wel het knoflookijs; een zachte mousse met een verrassend subtiele smaak. Het restaurant bestaat nu al meer dan 10 jaar en is een vermelding/ beoordeling zeker waard.
Reviewed 17 November 2013

this is a place i do not go often myself, but take my guests/friends/family who visit to Rotterdam. The garlic theme makes it an interesting place for the newcomers. The staff is very friendly and the quality of the food is great. Fresh bread with garlic sauce comes before you order anything and coffee is served with nice sweets. Two issues: First, the portions are small. I didn't mind that, but I do not eat much comparing to most people. Definitely order an appetizer, even if you are not very hungry. Second, the place is cozy but small. Therefore the tables are quite close to each other. I again didn't mind that, but some people might. Tip: try the deer meat.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Fabulous little restaurant specialising in garlic themed dishes. The food is excellent and never fails to please. The owner and staff are so welcoming and have created a lovely cozy atmosphere in which to enjoy a meal. Don't be put off by the garlic ice cream and garlic schnapps both of which are great and must be part of your 'Look experience! Even though the restaurant gets booked quickly always try your luck to get a table as in most cases the staff will do their best to squeeze you in. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

I've spent a weekend in Rotterdam with a friend of mine and we were looking for something interesting and exclusive... We'd reviewd that night about 20 restaurants in Rotterdam and that one was the eyecatcher. We both love garlic - so off we went there. Absolutely delightful! The whole menu (even the desserts!) is based on garlic - everything we'd ordered that night was fantastic! One small remark - just in the vicinity the neighbourhood is not the one where 2 girls would want to end up in the middle of the night - so just watch out if you are new to Rotterdam and ask which suspicious parts you'd better avoid...
AND we shall not forget to mention the garlic liqueur - don't forget to try it!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I visited this restaurant on a special occasion (birthday) and was very pleasantly surprised. Its concept is that every dish is cooked with garlic, thus the name "Look" which means garlic in Dutch.The food is excellent, starting from the home-made apetizer of aioli with bread, of which they brought us twice at no price, through the starter and main dish (garlic is surely present, but it is not too much) through to the amazing garlic icecream - yes, it is really surprisingly tasty! The house wine was excellent too, and very affordable. The atmosphere is very cosy, and Look is suitable both for romantic and family occasions.Very nice service.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

I love garlic; in Dutch this is called knofLOOK. So I have visited this restaurant many times of the last 5 years and still love it, even when I do recall my visit at night or the next morning by the taste in my mouth ;-) Very pleasant staff make you feel very welcome and the chef makes shore you get your fair share of garlic, or not if you prefer not to go for it this time. All dishes are very fresh and well prepared, you feel like being in a French restaurant. This is my favourite restaurant in Rotterdam.