“Pleasant boutique hotel”

+ve's
nice beds
pleasant staff

-ve's
at 17Euro I didn't take breakfast either day. Does this price seem excessive to anyone else?
I went out to an all night party got back at 6am and put a 'do not disturb sign on my door'. At 1330 I got a call from reception - hello sir do you want a late check-out or will you be checking out soon? No, I am booked here for two nights. Oh, sorry sir, I didn't notice that, have a nice day
15 minutes later. Knock, knock. I answered my door. Hello sir do you want a late check out or will you be leaving soon? No. I am here for two nights I just told your colleague on reception. Oh sorry, she didn't tell me that.
15 mins later. Knock knock. I answered my door. The chambermaid - handing me my Do Not Disturb card! - Hello sir do you want your room cleaning? Err well no actually that is why the Do Not Disturb sign is on the door!! Not very joined up service...
The basin in Rm 18 has no plug and drains so slowly that a film of scum coats the whole of the sink. Probably needs unblocking.

Overall a pleasant place trying hard and I saw the owner the next day upgrading some miserable old bag to 'our best suite' because she had been complaining about road noise of which there is almost none. So you will always have the moaners and I'm not one of them. All I would say is for 120e a night excluding breakfast I was a little underwhelmed.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the third floor which are the cheapest rooms with smaller windows. Looking at the hotel...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 15 December 2013

A real surprise staying in this hotel. You are really welcome and they show it! Really good beds, very good breakfast, cosy bar with oudstanding service!

You should really try this suite hotel while visiting Rotterdam! I highly recommand this hotel. One of the best I visited ever!

• Stayed December 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 1 December 2013

As a frequent traveller I visit many hotels. For this occasion we travelled with the family to celebrate something. Pincoffs is an ideal hotel to feel special. The personal attention of the well trained staff, which you can only find in smaller hotels, and original design truly makes you step out your daily life. The interior is original due to partnerships with designers and feels creative with some self produced stylish furniture. It gives the hotel an unique and relaxed atmosphere. Great biological breakfast with fresh fruit and orange juice and nice eggs cooking prepared in the open kitchen. The suite we stayed in was spacious with original details of the monumental building combined with high tech as an iphone docking station. It is not possible to have dinner in the hotel, only lunch, drinks and appetizers so for dinner we went into town. The location is facing the Erasmusbrug in the centre of Rotterdam. Private parking and also the water taxi stop is in front of the hotel, fun the see the city from the water.

I can strongly advice Pincoffs for any occasion both Business and Pleasure and will return for sure. Thanks for the pampered stay!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
shropshire uk
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

A most attractive place in an interesting and dynamic part of the city. From the moment we arrived to the early departure three days later, the staff could not have been more helpful. The owner has a keen perception of real customer care, and her husband is apparently responsible for the sensitive design and furnishings.
Our room was high ceilinged, nicely furnished and well sound proofed with a monsoon shower which has to be seen to believed!
Breakfasts were of real quality with tasty ingredients. Could have done with muesli and All-bran or bran flakes. (The Dutch must get their roughage elsewhere!)
Evening 'small bites' were exactly what one needs if a trip to a local restaurant is not required.
Would definitely revisit.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cannytraveler
nl
Reviewed 2 November 2013

It is always interesting to stay in a hotel, which is according to our Tripadvisor reviewers the best in a city. So, the expectations were high. To be honest, the hotel did not make those expectations come true. Certainly, the building, the location, the rooms are all very attractive. But, when you enter the room and want to make a cup of tea it is disappointing to see that one one of the tea glasses is dirty and there are only two teabags. The room was set up for one person, whilst we had booked for two: one cup for espresso and one for coffee, and only two coffeepads. If you want to be the best this should not happen. Besides these comments we had a very pleasant stay: great beds, nice ( albeit expensive) breakfast, and we could leave our car in the parking for the whole day. So certainly recommendable if you want a different hotel close to the city in a very attractive location.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank traveller0018
Ludovicus000, Eigenaar at Suite Hotel Pincoffs, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your review. It will help us to improve the hotel. It is disappointing for us not to meet your expectations. We apologize for the dirty tea glass in your room - it's our policy to check our rooms twice a day and both employees must have missed the dirty glass.
Please note that tea, coffee, table water and WiFi are free in the rooms. We put two tea bags and two cups of illy coffee in every room. It keeps the tea and coffee fresh. If you need more than two pieces just ring our reception desk. There is no limitation for coffee and tea consumption.
We hope to see you again in the near future.
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed the night of our wedding in the fanastic hotel. Very beautifull rooms! A heart made out of rosebuds on the bed, bottle of champagne in the cooler and the bath was filled upon our arrival. Arrived a lot later than expected but this was no problem for the staff who patiently took our order for breakfast the next morning. Breakfast was excellent with perfectly preparred eggs, fresh fruit, different rolls, etc.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I arrived on business at the Hilton to find out my room (pre-paid) had been given away. They sent me here instead. Understandably frustrated, I took a taxi to the hotel and found the staff fantastic upon arrival. I hadn't eaten (this is why you book places like the Hilton!) and their kitchen was closed. No problem, Bridgette wrangled some takeaway for me and solved my issues. Our meeting wasn't by design this time, but based on their grace under fire, I'll be back. I guess this is why they are #1 on tripadvisor.

On a practice note, nice spacious rooms. Well appointed. Ideal for pleasure travel.

• Stayed October 2013