“The Best Steak ever!”
Review of Los Toros

Los Toros
Reserve with
Los Toros is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #317 of 1,028 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Cool
West Molesey, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Steak ever!”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This is an amazing steak restaurant. In fact I would go as far to say it is the best steak I hsv ever had. Service was good, not over attentive. I felt very welcome and we went back several times during our visit. You must try this!!

• Visited December 2013

Gemunden, Germany
“A real surprise - great steakes!”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We were in Rotterdam on personal business and stayed very close to where this restaurant was located. It was late evening, on a non-business day and we did not expect to find all that much when all of the office buildings in the area were not in use. Many inner cities sort of close down on long weekends.

Just wandering around, hoping to find a place to eat, and we ran across the "Los Toros". It's not a really big place, and it's not a really fancy place either, sort of "middle class" looking. We wanted to get a steak of some sort, and not knowing the center of Rotterdam all that well figured that this place was close, and we would take a chance. It was like Wow!

Service was what I would call "normal" for standard Netherlands, waiter not in "uniform" and not speaking ABN (high Dutch), English not bad. The menu we received was also in English, a lot different than an American or British Menu, but, yeah, looked Argentino, so we decided to stay. We took a Malbeck wine that was on the menu, quite good I must say, medium priced, and both took a steak, a middle European "Rumpsteak", sort of like a sirloin. The salad we got was a normal mixed seasonal salad, we also got a good baked potato, without sour cream or quark, but there was butter enough, and a veggie. But the steak was like wow. I did not expect all that much, but this was really good Argentine beef, and very obvious not northern Europe beef, tastes totally different. I must say both my wife and I judged out steaks to be one of the best we had had in a very long time - better than a lot of frozen American Imports that we had been eating for the past couple of years.

Ambiance? Well sitting in the store front window is not my idea of Ambiance, and the room was not large enough to house all of the tables properly, all of which were full incidentally when we left. Full table cloths there were not, table basically set once you order, noise level from the other guests was OK though, no noise from outside.

Recommendable? Yes, of course. The food was very good, ambiance OK, service OK to good,The waiters were attentive, not over attentive like in the USA. The meat we had was very good, and based on that alone I would go back next time I am in Rotterdam.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank JoelY55490
London
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I've been going to this restaurant for many years and have always had an excellent meal with great service The all you can eat ribs are fantastic and the chicken/steak options are also lovely.

The restaurant does not open until 3pm so best to go for a late lunch or a dinner.

• Visited August 2013
Chennai (Madras), India
“nice place to spend evening”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Not much options for vegetarians. went with friends to have evening dinner, very near to hilton hotel & centrum.

Visited September 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Awful...avoid at all cost”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I am from the US Midwest where we take our steak seriously and I can say with out reservation this was the worst piece of beef I have eaten anytime, anywhere on the planet. Tough as the bottom of a shoe, with a flavor to match. Frankly I wasn't sure it was beef at all...perhaps it was donkey...I don't know. The service was meh at best and the steak "sauce" worked better on the potato.

Steer clear!