H2OTEL Rotterdam
  • Pool
US$147
US$120
  • Restaurant
Ibis Rotterdam City Centre(Rotterdam)(Great Value!)
US$70
  • Pool
US$58
US$53
Agoda.com
All reviewsfloating hotelboat hotellower deckporthole windowwater levelhear people walkingunique experiencepleasant changeunique hotelnice barmini fridgesitting areacentral locationmarket hallcheap hotelby footcold meats
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Fed up with the same boring old hotels? Well, stay on a barge in the centre of Rotterdam. This place is clean, modern, warm, is in a great location, has a great bar & a decent breakfast. The staff are very friendly. Understandably the rooms are a bit small, but they're ideal for those who aren't looking for luxurious benefits. The price is really good and you can negotiate good deals. It's tastefully decorated and feels homely - makes a really pleasant change from the run-of-the-mill hotel chains.

Room Tip: Rooms nearest the bar have decent internet connection - 32 & 34 for example. Going further from the bar means no wifi.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Right in the heart of the city, this hotel is a converted barge. The rooms are 'boutique' - not luxury but had everything we needed for a 2 night stay. We were lucky enough to have one of the rooms with an outside terrace overlooking the canal. The only downside to our room was that it had very little natural light and the 2 lamps didn't really make a great deal of difference.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. Good wifi in the bar downstairs but not available in rooms.
Breakfast was a small but adequate buffet. I will be staying again!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I had to stay in Rotterdam for business and was looking for an hotel close to downtown and the train station when I ended up finding this amazing hotel which clearly sounded surprising.
I decided to give it a try and I have not been disappointed at all.
Of course, due to the context and environment itself, the room was small, and this was no surprise.
Now, I liked this as an experience, plus decoration is really well managed.
I even slept really well, which i was kind of unsure at first.
The bar is nice. Breakfast room is fun, even though the breakfast is not really interesting (I am sure they could easily improve it with some local products).
Staff... sorry, crew is providing standard service, nothing more.
I think I would go back with my family at least for one night to share this experience.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I stayed at the hotel during the Shantyfestival Rotterdam at 7-9 september 2012. The hotel has a great 'cruiseship' atmosphere
The rooms as well as the other rooms in the hotel have a nautical touch.
Very clean and comfortable rooms.
Friendly and helpfull reception staff as well as kitchen/bar staff.

Surely a 5/5 experience for us
Hope we can stay there next year again

Room Tip: i gave swimming pool and fitness center excellenr rating even though they dont have one, just to make sure their rating doenst drop cause of it. Anyone interested in swimming can always take a swim in the river where the boat is situated on :-)
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a few days in August after we had just moved to Rotterdam. Our room had a private balcony and it was clean and comfortable. The whole boat aspect is fun and different. Breakfast was cold buffet but delicious and there is a hotel bar with free wifi. The staff were friendly and super helpful. Just a note, keep your windows closed at night there are many mosquitos!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business