“It was good, but not anymore”
Review of Sumo

Sumo
Ranked #655 of 1,104 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Price range: US$26 - US$38
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Oude Westen
Reviewed 24 September 2012

A few months ago the sushi was really delicious and better than Shabu Shabu. But last saturday was not even near. The sushi and other dishes were tasteless. On top of that, the people at thte table next to us were really noisy and the children were running around their table and bumping my chair everytime...

Reviewed 31 August 2012

This is not somewhere you wanna go for a romantic evening out unless well you broke and hungry. The place is usually packed to the rafters and they confuse the foods that you have ordered or dont get what you ordered for.. Which can be heaven (if you get more than you asked or wrote for) or hell ( when you dont get what you ordered in the paper given to you)..
I went with my family, it was fun but kinda too loud for my parents hahaha.. it was still fun. Definately must visit but remember, RESERVE A SEAT! :-)

PS you got like 2 hours to eat whatever you order.. Great place for family members or friends.... Nothing romantic here! but still great restaurant.. :-D

Reviewed 30 August 2012

The all you can eat formula has settled and Chinese enterprizes have embraced it by posing as Japanese. Eating an unlimited amount of sushi for about 20 euros is a luxury an average student can afford. So you have to book in advance and eat in a huge restaurant featuring lots of decibels and uninterested waiters & waitresses serving dry fish on big chunks of rice.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Saw the reviews and wasn't sure what to expect. All u can eat sushi can have a wide range of quality, but I was very pleasantly surprised. The sushi was good - the fish was fresh and there was a good fish to rice ratio, which is rare in all u can eat places. The menu is extensive, offering, lots of nigri, rolls, tempura items, udon, teriyaki items, salads and dessert. The only thing that is excluded is sashimi, which you have to pay more for - given how expensive it is I kind of understand, but wish they would have at least let us has a few pieces per person - oh well.

Service was fast - they took our order quickly, which was good because we were starving, and the refill orders came within 10 minutes of ordering - basically the table was never without food! This place was packed at 9:30pm, and we were lucky to get the last free table, so I think reservations would be a very good idea.

Note - you can't expect the best sushi for this price, but I think for an all u can eat place, the quality of food, speed of service, and atmosphere, it is definitely one of the better ones I've had. We left about 1 h 30 minutes later, extremely full, satisfied and still with money left in our wallets.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

I want to share my comments regarding Sumo Rotterdam Westersingel. Always great, you cannot get disappointed, the price is fair and you eat a lot. Atmosphere, courtesy, quality, makes this sushi place the best place to get lovely Japanese food for a reasonable price. Don't be surprise, book in advance your table, and do enjoy this great restaurant. Have a fun, in two hrs you eat a lot...Great value.