“The best bagel I have ever had!”

Bagel Bakery & Burgers
Ranked #148 of 1,121 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Cuisines: Israeli
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Stadsdriehoek
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Yesterday it was sunny in Rotterdam which is a rare occurance so we decided to try out Bagel bakery and burgers. It is very easy to find, between Beurs and Leuvehaven, at the beggining of wit de wit straat. We were sitted outside on small tables and the atmosphere was very relaxed. Nevertheless, the waiter was very fast and professionnal , taking our orders less than 10 mins after being sitted and the place was packed. I had the waguy pastrami bagel with horseradish cream cheese and home made pickles. It was by far the best bagel I have ever had and was well worth the 9.75 eur pricetag. My partner had the scrambled eggs and the chocolate truffle cake. It is absolutely massive! It looks very rich but is incredibly light and moist. We will definitely go back for brunch during the week end.

2  Thank LOLANetherlands

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Delicious salad Nicoise and the homemade rosemary fries are something else. This is the perfect street cafe to sit and while away an hour or two. Nothing was too much trouble and the service was fast too.

1  Thank moosuddeea
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I stopped in here when I missed breakfast at my hostel and it was delicious! My sesame bagel was excellent as was the banana cream cheese spread.

1  Thank hcoli
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Yep, this was by far the best salmon burger anyone can desire. Unconventional (a "burger" on a bagel??), fresh, eccentrically modern but with all tastes at the right place. Their home-made fries are crispy and delicious. They also successfully revisited a Dutch classic, the apple tart, and made it kosher without butter. So tasteful...go figure!
The place is really neat and has a touch of nordic minimalism, with an open kitchen and intriguing photos hanging on the walls.
Expect Dutch prices (= you pay for "all the hard work we did to make it seem naturally beautiful, seamless, easy").
They truly deserve a round of applause.

1  Thank BojanUliev
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Almost impossible to eat in a civilized way, but delicious nonetheless. We had a wonderful lunch on the terrace, including the mini-hamburger trio on bagels. Very decent sized dishes and not overpriced. I have no idea what the interior looks like as we ate on the sidewalk. Luckily the Schilderstraat is not a busy thoroughfare (limited noise and fumes), but it can get windy here without any terrace sheltering.

1  Thank Niel S