“a very pleasent place”

The Harbour Club Rotterdam
Reserve with
The Harbour Club Rotterdam is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #135 of 1,095 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Nieuwe Werk
Description: The Harbour Club Rotterdam opened its doors in 2010 in the former 'Parkzicht': an almost hundred-year-old villa in one of the city parks of Rotterdam, near the Euromast. An extraordinary location for an extraordinary restaurant! The ambiance is a lot like that of 'The Boathouse Café' in New York's Central Park. Inside, the restaurant is styled as a rugged-looking modern day restaurant. A visit to The Harbour Club is pure and intense enjoyment, guaranteed. High-quality cooking with a dash of playfulness, but always with an eye for detail. On sunny days, guests can lounge on the renovated luxurious patio. Enjoy yourself amongst the green of the park, or experience a relaxed way to do business without the roadway noise and other loud sounds of the city. Are you looking for quality in a relaxed environment? Then you will feel right at home at The Harbour Club Rotterdam.
Reviewed 17 June 2013

The club is in a public park (as far as I understand) with a great view. Fish and meat meals are all serving, an outdoor bar, good profile people around, great meals indeed, a very detailed menu, one of the best restaurant in the city...

Reviewed 2 June 2013

We booked a table here with colleagues to relax after a long day meeting. The service was good, the food was nice and the wines were a good surprise. One of my colleagues got some food over him when a waitress served him. She walked away and only came back 10 minutes later to help him clean his clothes. This was the only negative experience we had but for this kind of restaurant, you'd expect staff to be dealing with such a problem more professionally. Many people think that working in a restaurant is easy but it does require some skills. I would recommend the restaurant to train their staff a little more.

1  Thank degtravel
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We arrived in a Saturday. They asked us if we had a reservation and looked surprised that we just arrived without reserving. Some supervisor arrived and said that we could have a table if we waited for an hour at the bar. We accepted. Once inside, we realise that half of the tables were empty. In fact they made us wait just for the show off, or in order not to stress with extra customers for which the staff didn't plan to work for. After more than half an hour, they were merciful and gave us the table that was empty behind us all along, after we suggested so. Then we ordered several starters and main courses. The seafood is worth the visit. The steak is similar to what you get in a normal steakhouse for half the price. The fries were tasteless. I had duck liver and royal crab both well prepared.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

My partner and I went on another venture in Rotterdam and hit the location and food jackpot. The Harbour Club is located in a beautiful park close to Euromast and serves up a decadent New York style mixture in a historic building. The food is delicious and the fresh seafood a real plus after some of the other experiences in Rotterdam.

The wines are a good selection for every budget and the stuff is trained in advising well. However, overall, the service ruined it again. Slow in all parts, when the waiter spilled the blood (from our steak board) on my partners clothes, the reaction was not what I would expect as he did not seem to be too bothered or caring. Without fuss or apologies, he just proceeded as if nothing happened.

The same was witnessed again when I pointed out that the bill had added a few more wines that were not consumed. The bill was changed without any apology or any recognition of the indignations of the night...

Reviewed 8 March 2013

My husband and I went to the Harbour Club for a late Valentines dinner! We were welcomed by the lovely hostess and were impressed with the decor/setting. The restaurant is inviting and in a great location, in the middle of a park in Rotterdam. I am sure in the summer it is packed! The food was presented beautifully! It was delicious! The service was very good and we will definitely go back. Be sure to make a reservation as it was quiet busy!

1  Thank DLubbers