I stayed here during a business trip for the second time. My previous visit was in 2009. However, this time my room was tiny. I had booked a single but it was very small. There was no bath, only a tiny shower in the corner of the bathroom, so close to the toilet the toilet got soaked when I showered and there was nowhere to put my toilet bag. The room was also very cold and when I turned up the radiator it made such I noise I had to turn it back down again. I was quite dissapointed because during my last stay I was really impressed with the room and only paid half of what I had to pay during this stay, even though it was the same time of year. The hotel lobby is quite nice and the bar / dining area is pleasant too. The restaurant was full so I walked out of the hotel to look for somewhere to eat. There was a student area with student bars close to the hotel but nothing suitable for an evening meal. After 30 minutes I returned to the hotel and ate in the bar area as there was no other option. The food was very tasty and well presented but it was quite expensive for bar food. The hotel is in a good location for the metro station and for the shops. It is also quite close to Rotterdam Central Station (about 5 mins in a taxi). From reading the other reviews the standard and size of room differs considerably depending on allocation. I would stay here again but next time I'll ask for a better room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Parkhotel originally dates back to 1922 and has been offering outstanding service and hospitality in the port city of Rotterdam for more than 90 years. The entire ground floor of the Parkhotel was renovated in 2014. The original DNA and unique Parkhotel atmosphere have been retained and combined with contemporary design. The 189 comfortable rooms have every convenience you would expect of a four-star hotel. Several of the rooms have a balcony with a view of the wonderful city garden. The Deluxe and Executive tower rooms, at a higher level, offer a wonderful view of Rotterdam. The hotel has 50 secure parking spaces, a sauna and fitness facilities. Restaurant The Park - inspired by Erik van Loo offers contemporary design, a cosy aperitif bar, Cigar Lounge, Private Dining and a wonderful veranda which opens onto the city garden and the terrace. The menu features signature dishes by Erik van Loo, among other specialities. The chef patron of the restaurant Parkheuvel, which has been awarded two Michelin stars, is the supervising chef of The Park. Together with chef Richard de Vries, he creates outstanding dishes which are characterised by their quality and simplicity, combined with a playful twist. In 2014, The Park won the Rotterdam Gouden Pollepel award. The Algemeen Dagblad newspaper gave The Park the following review: 'A restaurant which scores highly in every detail and means that Rotterdam can now join the ranks of other global cities where locals are used to eating in a high-calibre hotel restaurant.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Nozio Netplan srl, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Bilderberg Parkhotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bilderberg Parkhotel Rotterdam
- Bilderberg Parkhotel Hotel Rotterdam