“Nice location, comfortable rooms but somewhat dated, expensive Wi-Fi” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bilderberg Parkhotel

Bilderberg Parkhotel
Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Famagusta, Cyprus
“Nice location, comfortable rooms but somewhat dated, expensive Wi-Fi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

I'm a frequent business visitor to Rotterdam and have stayed at this hotel on at least on 4 occasions. It is a big hotel consequently lacking character. I prefer other hotels in Rotterdam but Bilderberg is actually a pretty reasonable hotel. I've stayed at the rooms in the tower, rooms are massive in this part of the hotel. The hotel is quite dated now and needs refurbishment.
The breakfast is good but the breakfast area is far too small for the size of the hotel. I would probably stay here more often but I hate paying for Wi-fi. I have paid for Wi fi at the hotel but found it far too slow to permit remote working.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Pagey74
BilderbergParkhotel, General Manager at Bilderberg Parkhotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear MehmetCyprus,

Thanks for taking the time to review the Bilderberg Parkhotel. We highly value the opinion of our guests. I understand your comment about paying for Wifi. We recently updated our wifi network and the connection is now not only fast, but also very secure. This is why we charge a small fee for the use of it.

I hope we can welcome you back soon in the Grande Dame of Rotterdam!

Janneke van Beuzekom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

Average nice hotel in walking distance from the central station, and the shopping area. From the hotel it is also walking distance to the upmarket restaurant and event place Las Palmas on the Wilhelminakade across the canal. Quite large room with great views form floor to roof windows. Bed and bathroom facilities were good. The room became slightly warm during the night with the a/c switched off (noisy). Staff at front desk, breakfast room and the bar were all very accomodating and friendly. So why only 3 out of 5 marks? Well, in 2013 I expect free internet access in a hotel of such standards and I am think that a € 17 charge for 24h wifi-access is a ripoff! To me, that is enough to choose a different hotel next time.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JannekevBeuzekom, General Manager at Bilderberg Parkhotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear Ullert,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! It's good to hear that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.

At Bilderberg, we would like to handle things well. Therefore we don't offer free WiFi, but the WiFi is of very good quality and ask for a small fee. We have recently upgraded our internet acces to a glassfiber connection, available throughout the whole hotel.

I hope we can welcome you again soon at the Bilderberg Parkhotel!

Dundee, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

I lived here for a week. I had paid everything upfront, however, they put a 300 euros hold on my debit card without telling me. Its 5th day now and I still don't have the money back! I called them and no proper response

Breakfast is 24 euros and so overpriced.

just avoid...

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Harshald186518,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the Bilderberg Parkhotel. I'm sorry for the inconvenience about the authorization. Normally, we only do authorizations on credit cards, which is hotel policy. Please send me an email with all the details of your experience (parkhotel.reservation@bilderberg.nl) so I can follow up.

Thanks again, and I hope we can welcome you back soon!

Ashbourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights for an exhibition. The room was OK, clean, basic but very comfortable.

The staff are all very helpful and pleasant. I visited the bar and all was OK, except the last night I sat down and after 10 minutes of waiting decided to go up to my Room.

I ate in the restaurant one night, the service was polite, but slow. There was no menu but some kind of set course. It was OK but not what I really fancied to eat that night.

I would return but would not eat in the hotel.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
JannekevBeuzekom, General Manager at Bilderberg Parkhotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Dear mclachlan4321,

Thanks for taking the time to share your opinion of our hotel.
I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our food and beverage outlets. I have forwarded your comments to the F&B manager to make sure we address this issue.

We hope to see you again in the 'Grande Dame' of Rotterdam!

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful, but they cannot make up entirely for some physical deficiencies. I stayed in the hotel recently, in an executive room (15 euro/day upgrade fee) on an upper floor for nearly a week. The good news was that the view was excellent, and the room was clean and quiet. On the other hand, there was inadequate lighting (especially in the closet and the bathroom, but also dim reading lights), a paucity of hangars for someone staying for more than a day or two, insufficient electrical outlets for a business traveler who needs to recharge devices, and most notably a terrible internet connection. Swisscom supplies the internet connection, for a fee. The room was cabled, but the cable was apparently dead. I asked more than once about the cable connection, but did not get a consistent answer. Some said the cable should work, one said there was no cable (I was looking at it while we spoke by phone), and one said that it must be malfunctioning. I asked more than once because the wifi connection was awful. Strength of the signal was OK, but it disconnected repeatedly or ran very slowly for hours on end, improving briefly at random intervals. It was woefully substandard and made the hotel a difficult place from which to conduct business that requires internet use. If what matters to you is location and view, this is a good place to stay. If you need to use the internet to conduct business, you might be better off to wait until the hotel gets a better internet provider or swisscom upgrades their service at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JannekevBeuzekom, General Manager at Bilderberg Parkhotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Dear movingaverage,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the Bilderberg Parkhotel with us. I'm very sorry to hear that you experienced trouble with the internet during your stay. We have very recently updated the whole system to be faster and installed a glass fibre connection. The connection is also very safe, specifically done for users with a business purpose. I'm also sorry to hear that you weren't assisted in the right way. I have passed your comments on to both my team and our internet provider Swisscom and together we're looking at possibilities to avoid this from happening again in the future.

I hope to welcome you again soon in the 'Grande Dame' of Rotterdam!

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

We stayed here for one night and the location was great. One block away from great restaurants, cafe's and bars and just a few blocks from the shopping district and all of the galleries.
However the cost per night was quite high and this didn't include wifi, breakfast or parking, which was quite disappointing. I would stay here again due to the costs.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JannekevBeuzekom, General Manager at Bilderberg Parkhotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Dear ASR241,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the Bilderberg Parkhotel. Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to see so much of the city of Rotterdam dus to our excellent location.

I hope I can personally welcome you back at the hotel again soon. Please keep an eye on our website for good deals on the weekends!

Oldenzaal, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

This is a wonderful hotel, centrally located in Rotterdam. At walking distance of the city centre and many interesting sights. The metro stop is in front of the hotel, which makes other parts of Rotterdam very accessible. The staff was very friendly and service minded. The room was clean and spacious. The only remark we would make is that the mattresses were too soft in our opinion (not in the sense of laid-through mattresses, but soft mattresses - we like more firm bed mattresses). The breakfast was of good quality and tasteful, but in our opinion not as extensive as other reviews state.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JannekevBeuzekom, General Manager at Bilderberg Parkhotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Dear Sandor45,
Thanks for taking the time to share your pleasant experience with the Bilderberg Parkhotel. I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thanks for your feedback regarding the softness of the bed. We will take this feedback into consideration during future renovations. Your comment about our breakfast is shared with our Food & Beverage manager to continue to improve our service.

Looking forward to personally welcome you back soon in the Grande Dame of Rotterdam!