“Very good hotel.”

Bilderberg Parkhotel
Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Hotel is very central located and just next to metro station. Breakfast is very good and the public areas are very nice looking. Room are a bit tired and old and I would not be suprised that they would start renovating the rooms soon. We were in tower room and they upgrated us without asking which was nice.

Room Tip: Lower garden rooms are very different from the tower rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
BilderbergParkhotel, General Manager at Bilderberg Parkhotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear HotelguyFinland,

Thanks for taking the time to share your positive experience with the Bilderberg Parkhotel! We really appreciated when we receive feedback.
It makes me proud to read that you had such a good stay, and I have forwarded your compliments to the concerned departments.

I hope to welcome you in Rotterdam again soon!

Janneke van Beuzekom

Write a ReviewReviews (1,252)

Reviewed 20 May 2013

it's always a bad sign when you arrive at reception only to be asked to wait so calls can be answered. Ordered tomato soup on room service - food arrive uncovered and hence tepid - very small serving - no breadroll - no salt and pepper and not even a glass for the mineral water. Rooms are unexciting and wifi expensive.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MarcosParis
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I stayed here for three nights on business. My room was basic, in what I believe is the older part of the hotel. It was quiet.

Initially I only had one towel but I found an extra in the wardrobe. There is only a single towel rail, in a very small bathroom. The bin had not been emptied before I arrived, and there was only a single bottle of body wash - no face towel or cup in the bathroom. However, these were all present the next day, along with additional toiletries, after the room had been cleaned, which leads me to believe it was not cleaned properly before I checked in.

I had to pay for wifi, which was 25 Euros for 48 hours - this was unexpected and in my opinion expensive. In previous hotels where wifi is charged there is usually a business centre where wifi can be obtained for free for an hour or so - this was not the case in this hotel. My room did not include breakfast and I did not pay for this as it was 25 Euros - again, very expensive. The location is good, so there were places nearby where I had breakfast instead.

Overall the room was acceptable for what I needed it for. But the cost of the "add-ons" is disappointing.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear PinkySwear,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of the Bilderberg Parkhotel. I;m glad to see that you had a pleasant stay. Your comments with regards to the missing toiletries have been shared with our Housekeeping department to avoid it from happening again in the future. My sincere apologies for this.

I hope to welcome you again soon at the Parkhotel!

Reviewed 12 May 2013

We booked this hotel with a special discount offer and free entrance tickets to the Kunsthal. When we arrived they offered us a nicer room (in the tower) for free. We went to the museum (great!) and to the city. Everything is near the hotel. We had a great 3 course dinner at the hotel. It was realy good! Would recomend the restaurant! The beds where nice, the room was quiet. I didn't use the wifi (you had to pay for it, a big 'no' for a high quality hotel). Breakfast was ok, but not so much choice and I would expect more (fresh squeezed orange juice, fresh backed egs etc) for €25. It was incluided for us, but if I had to pay the €25 I would have my breakfast in one of the restaurants in the Witte de Withstraat across the street (NRC is very nice). The staff was very helpfull.

Room Tip: The rooms in the tower are nice, nice view
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Rinkster123,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the Bilderberg Parkhotel. We highly value the opinion of our guests, and I'm happy to see that you very much enjoyed your stay at the Parkhotel. I will make sure all the concerned departments receive the compliments you give them.

Thanks again, and I hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2013

I'm a frequent business visitor to Rotterdam and have stayed at this hotel on at least on 4 occasions. It is a big hotel consequently lacking character. I prefer other hotels in Rotterdam but Bilderberg is actually a pretty reasonable hotel. I've stayed at the rooms in the tower, rooms are massive in this part of the hotel. The hotel is quite dated now and needs refurbishment.
The breakfast is good but the breakfast area is far too small for the size of the hotel. I would probably stay here more often but I hate paying for Wi-fi. I have paid for Wi fi at the hotel but found it far too slow to permit remote working.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Pagey74

Dear MehmetCyprus,

Thanks for taking the time to review the Bilderberg Parkhotel. We highly value the opinion of our guests. I understand your comment about paying for Wifi. We recently updated our wifi network and the connection is now not only fast, but also very secure. This is why we charge a small fee for the use of it.

I hope we can welcome you back soon in the Grande Dame of Rotterdam!

Reviewed 23 April 2013

Average nice hotel in walking distance from the central station, and the shopping area. From the hotel it is also walking distance to the upmarket restaurant and event place Las Palmas on the Wilhelminakade across the canal. Quite large room with great views form floor to roof windows. Bed and bathroom facilities were good. The room became slightly warm during the night with the a/c switched off (noisy). Staff at front desk, breakfast room and the bar were all very accomodating and friendly. So why only 3 out of 5 marks? Well, in 2013 I expect free internet access in a hotel of such standards and I am think that a € 17 charge for 24h wifi-access is a ripoff! To me, that is enough to choose a different hotel next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
JannekevBeuzekom, General Manager at Bilderberg Parkhotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Dear Ullert,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! It's good to hear that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.

At Bilderberg, we would like to handle things well. Therefore we don't offer free WiFi, but the WiFi is of very good quality and ask for a small fee. We have recently upgraded our internet acces to a glassfiber connection, available throughout the whole hotel.

I hope we can welcome you again soon at the Bilderberg Parkhotel!

Reviewed 16 April 2013

I lived here for a week. I had paid everything upfront, however, they put a 300 euros hold on my debit card without telling me. Its 5th day now and I still don't have the money back! I called them and no proper response

Breakfast is 24 euros and so overpriced.

just avoid...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Harshald186518,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the Bilderberg Parkhotel. I'm sorry for the inconvenience about the authorization. Normally, we only do authorizations on credit cards, which is hotel policy. Please send me an email with all the details of your experience (parkhotel.reservation@bilderberg.nl) so I can follow up.

Thanks again, and I hope we can welcome you back soon!